I Had a Lipoma Removed from my Forehead 9 Days Ago,from Beneath the Muscle and Still Cannot Raise my Left Eyebrow?

I Had a Lipoma Removed from my Forehead 9 Days Ago,from Beneath the Muscle and Still Cannot Raise my Left Eyebrow.

Weakened Brow

+1

Forehead lipomas are often beneath the frontalis muscle. This means that during the lipoma removal the muscles may have been cut and weakened to expose the muscle. This depends on the approach the surgeon took. You should contact the doctor that perofmred the procedure to discuss your concerns. The likely muscle invovled is the frontalis, and some of the nerves that make it fucntion may have been injured during the procedure. Many times this is temporary and simply a result of surgical trauma. Rarely, one of the larger nerve branches could be injured and the resultant weakness more long lasting. In summary, call the doctor that performed it and allow them to examine the area and discuss their findings with you.

Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyebrow

+1

which side of the eyebrow was it on.  if it was on the side closest to the nose it should come back. if it was on the side of the eyebrow closest to the ear then it is possible to have damaged your facial nerve frontalis branch which raises the eyebrow.  however, more than likely it is not damaged and most of this should come back. if it had not returned by 6 months there could be a problem.

Timothy Mountcastle, MD
Ashburn General Surgeon

Lipoma

+1

Almost all forehead lipomas are submuscular. The muscle should be seperated along the fibers longitudinally. If the muscle was cut transversely then the muscle may weaken. Only your surgeon can answer your question.

Forehead weakness after surgery

+1

Based on your description, It sounds like you have a weakness of your frontalis muscle, the muscle which lifts your eyebrows. You should contact your surgeon to be evaluated. 

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon