Will Lipomas Reoccur After Removal?

I have multiple lipomas (50+). To put it plainly, they're embarassing. I can also feel them when they are growing and occasionally they hurt; for me, new ones itch at first. I would like to get rid of them. Does anyone know what causes these tumors? Is there ANY way to stop them? If I have lipoma removal, will it just keep occurring? I noticed someone mentioned a neuro-surgeon would be the specialist to see; is that the best selection? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lipoma treatment

+1

The cause of such a large number of lipomas may be an inherited condition such as familial lipomatosis. If this is the case, there is no way of preventing them, although the literature has reported on statin use and weight loss as beneficial. The best way to treat them is direct excision. Any general/plastic surgeon would be qualified to do this. After removal, you still may develop lipomas in other sites depending on the cause. Hope this helps.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon