Non-surgical Lipoma Removal Possible?

Is there another way besides surgical lipoma removal to get rid of lipomas? I have one that is 4 inches on the left side of my back. My insurance at the time deemed it cosmetic. I have no insurance now. Please help. I can't even wear a bathing suit without it being noticed. I feel like the hunchback!

Non-surgical removal of lipoma

+1

If the lipoma is really this big, I am not sure that there is that much alternative to surgical excision, which could be accomplished under local anesthesia and which may be affordable.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lipoma removal and insurance coverage

+1

Lipoma removals are usually covered by insurance.  Speak to a plastic surgeon about the removal.  The other option is to pay out of pocket to have the lipoma removed. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Non Surgical Removal of Lipoma

+1

Yes, you can have it liposuctioned. It is not truly non surgical since it involves making a small stab incision to put in the cannula but is minimally invasive. This way you don't have a big scar (incision) and may be one stitch.

There are some mesotherapy treatments available as well but are still relatively new.

I would go with Liposuction.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon