Lipoma Removal on Leg and Exercise?

I will be having a decently sized ( It is about two inches in diameter) lipoma removed from my inner thigh via surgical excision. I do weight training exercises involving legs such a squats once a week. How long is it recommended to cease from doing such exercises after the surgery? Thanks for your time

Exercise

+1

If the area will be placed under severe and direct stress I ask my patients to wait a full three weeks before resuming full activity

Exercise following Lipoma Removal

+1

I would definitely check with your surgeon to see what his or her recommendation is.  The type of surgical closure used can definitely affect the tension on the wound, which is what you want to avoid.  In general, you don't want to do anything that is going to put stretch on the area of the surgery.  I would say that the minimum amount of time to avoid exercise after the surgery would be two weeks.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Squats

+1

2 weeks.   You can probably do it sooner if they place a second internal layer of sutures in the deep dermis. Btw I trained at charity hospital in Nola. 

Timothy Mountcastle, MD
Ashburn General Surgeon