Lipoma Removal and Insurance?

My insurance doesn't cover the removal of lipomas, but I'm fairly certain they are the cause of my back pain because they are right next to my spine. Can that effect their decisions in covering such surgery? If so, are there any good surgeons for the job in the Detroit area, even better one that's Beaumont affiliated.

Lipoma removal and Insurance Coverage

+1
As the policy holder I would argue this one. I remove lipomas a lot and insurance companies pay for their removal. I would also suggest seeing a good surgeon for consultation and have their office's Insurance coordinator attempt authorization. Good Luck!

Lipoma

+1

You are the policy holder. You need to talk with your insurance company and get their approval to cover the surgery.

Choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery)