I Have a Lipoma on my Neck and It's About the Size of a Golf Ball - What Should I Do?

Well i have a Lipoma on my neck from what my docter said. It's been causing me neck pain for a while now. So what do you think i should do. Also i should say i'm only about 16 and nobody else in my family...that i know of has one.

Lipoma options

+1

Go see your dermatologist or plastic surgeon to make a proper diagnosis as it could be other things like an epidermoid cyst, swollen lymph node, etc. Once a proper diagnosis is made, if it is a lipoma, you can either leave it since it is benign/harmless, or have it cut out. No other great options for treatment. The scar should be fairly small.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Neck lipoma

+1

While lipomas are benign and except for their unsightliness can usually be ignored the fact that yours causes pain is a bit troublesome.....I would suggest seeing a qualified head and neck surgeon or ENT surgeon and have it removed

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lipoma on neck

+1

Lipomas are benign growths. However, if you are having pain, it would be easy to remove it under local anaesthesia. Please have your dermatologist, surgeon evaluate it clinically, & then you can proceed with the removal, as needed. Sometimes cysts, or a rare condition called cystic hygroma, can be mistaken clinically for a lipoma.

Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Lipoma

+1

We do not know where exactly in the neck your lipoma is. Removal of the lipoma and submitting for pathology is the safe way to proceed