I Have a Lipoma on my Back. Is There a Risk Waiting to Remove It?

I just discovered what appears to be a lipoma (maybe 1" in diameter) on my lower left back. I think it has been contributing to lower back pain. I'm seeing a dermatologist this week, but was wondering if there is a risk in waiting 3 more weeks until after our vacation to remove it. Thanks

Removal of Lipoma

+1

The first step is to make sure it is a lipoma, and your dermatologist should be able to tell you that.  True lipomas are benign growths of fat cells and do not require removal.  Most lipomas can be easily removed in the office under local anesthesia if needed.  

Frisco Dermatologist

Lipoma removal

+1

You can wait 3 weeks/months or even years ! The procedure is an office procedure under local anesthesia. Lipoma is a benign growth.  No urgency whatsoever in the surgical removal.

Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon