Should I Go for Lipolite or Tummy Tuck?

I am a 44 year old woman. I’ve had 2 C-Sections 15 years ago. There is excess bulge or pouch above c-section scar on left side. Also, my pubic area has puffiness (not sure if this is fat) under scar line. I am 5’ 4”, 140 lbs. Would Lipolite be a proper procedure or tummy tuck? Also does PPO insurance cover any cost for procedure due to lopsided area?

Lipolite versus a tummy tuck

+2

Tummy tucks are a very popular and effective way to contour the abdomen because not only do they treat the excess fat, but they treat the underlying muscle layer and the skin of the abdomen. Liposuction alone will treat the excess fat but in a patient who has had a C-section or has damage or stretch marks in the skin, liposuction alone may make the problem worse by emptying the skin and creating a prune like appearance. A tummy tuck can not only remove the excess fat but will tighten the muscles and treat the overlong skin.

Your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is a great deal of experience with abdominoplasty, liposuction and body contouring. He will be able to assess your abdomen and determine which combination of procedures will help you meet the goals.

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/abdominoplasty_photos.htm

Lipolite versus tummy tuck for bad c-section scar

+1

Given your description, it is my opinion you could get an excellent correction with a mini tummy tuck which would be superior to the results of a lipolite procedure.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Probably a Tummy Tuck is needed

+1

Most women who have had even one child has enough skin laxity to warrant a tummy tuck. Liposuction, laser or ultrasound or regular, will not adequately tighten the skin after childbearing.

The c-section scars usually adhere to the underlying tissues, causing bulging of the mons and tummy above it. The lopsidedness occurs frequently, and is usually why women will seek a tummy tuck. Insurance will not cover corrections of scars typically.

Covington Plastic Surgeon

Health insurance will not likely cover Tummy Tuck and Lipo

+1

By "lipolite," I figure you probably mean liposuction. Whether or not to do liposuction or a tummy tuck depends upon how loose things are and how flat and tight you want them to be afterward. Liposuction does not tighten much at all. Tummy tuck surgery offers more of an ability to tighten things, but the scar and recovery are longer.

Start this by getting a few experts to examine you in their offices. See what they recommend and how comfortable you feel as you decide.

Orange Plastic Surgeon