Lipolite to Regain an Angular Jawline and Neck?.

Would lipolite be suitable for address the sagging jaw line and neck looseness that comes with age? I am 60 and not overweight. What is involved in the recovery? Is a pressure bandage required? If so for how long? Madelaine.

Lipolite won't correct loose skin along the neck and jawline.

+3

All forms of liposuction, tumnescent, laser, ultrasonic, etc, rely on the skin contracting, ie snapping back, over the area where the fat has been removed by the liposction and hence giving a new, improved contour.  Skin loses it elasticity as we age and is less able to contract to the new contour.  If volume is removed beneath skin with no elasticity, the skin just appears more loose.  For you to establish a rejuvenated jawline and neck, you would need a facelift/necklift.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to get the best advice on how to proceed.

I routinely perform liposuction of the neck with Smartlipo

+2

I routinely perform liposuction of the neck with Smartlipo (another type of laser liposuction device).  It has become my preferred method of treating the neck IF you are an appropriate candidate.

Good candidates for Smartlipo of the neck in my Salt Lake City, UT plastic surgery practice include:

1. patients that do not have loose neck muscles or support tissue
  2. have reasonable thickness to the dermis of the skin
  3. are not morbidly obese

Laser liposuction will help increase the contraction of the skin compared to liposuction alone.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Try Ulthera

+1

No. LipoSonix is not used to treat fat around the neck or face as there are important structures in this area that can be damaged. However, Ulthera or Ultherapy remains a safe and effective treatment for addressing looseness of the skin around the jaw as well as the neck.