Quick Recovery from LipoLite?

I'm getting Lipolite on upper and lower abs. Can I be in a bikini 3 weeks later? I'm planning a trip. My doctor says I'll be up and out so quickly, but these reviews seem to say differently?

Anticipated recovery depends on anticipated amount of fat to be removed

+2

The answer to this question depends on several things. If you are only doing removing a small amount of fat with the traditional tumescent liposuction technique, in combination with the Lipolite laser, then a quick recovery should be expected. If the doctor is Only using the lipolite laser by itself, you should only expect a subtle difference. I would definitely ask to see before and after pictures and concentrate on the patients who look like you to see if the doctor is being realistic with the anticpated outcome, post-op course, etc. Good luck!

Bikini 3 weeks after Liposuction?

+1

It is possible but you are probably pushing it. Much depends on the amount of fat removed, your underlying skin elasticity, whether or not you have stretch marks, etc.

This would be best answered by your Plastic Surgeon.

Here is the information I give my patients regarding the recovery process after liposuction.
As with all operations, pain and discomfort varies greatly from patient to patient. Generally, one should expect that pain medication will be required for the first few days. Continuing discomfort can last varying amounts of time.  Much of the swelling and bruising will be improved within two weeks; however, some will persist for six to eight weeks.  It is often difficult to see permanent changes in the body shape before this time.
Most patients are instructed to wear an elastic garment from four to six weeks to help with skin shrinkage. Your plastic surgeon will tell you how long you should wear your elastic garment. For patients with poor skin elasticity Endermologie treatments may be recommended.
Normal activity may be resumed at 1 to 2 weeks post operation.  In general, patients may return to office work 3-5 days after the operation, and 14 days for more active employment.  After the operation, exercises are recommended, such as walking immediately and progressive activities beginning on the 14th day, in order to minimize the adhesions between the skin and the deeper tissues. Walking, swimming, or a stationary bicycle can usually begin in a few days after surgery. Specific time periods for resumption of daily activities, work, and exercise with be further discussed by your surgeon post operation.
Early results are seen 10-14 days after surgery, but improvement continues for 4-6 months.  Persistent swelling and irregularities may be present for several months.  If antibiotics are prescribed, they should be taken as directed.

LipoLite Recovery

+1

Lipolite is a specific brand of laser-assisted Liposuction. I routinely perform all types of liposuction (including laser-assisted) and do agree that there is slightly less bruising and swelling after laser-assisted liposuction. This is most true for small areas such as under the chin, neck, inner thighs, upper arms, and small amounts of fat on the abdomen. For larger areas (which is the majority of people), I find that the recovery is the same as after tumescent liposuction.

You will be "up and out" quickly, but the swelling will be significant for the first 2 weeks, then contiue to improve. You should be happy with the results at 1 month, but will look even better at 4 months and beyond. So, you can be ina bikini at 3 weeks, but this soon you may look only moderately better than you did before surgery....it just takes some time. But, you should be pain-free at 3 weeks.