Is Lipolite Best for my Neck? (photo)

Would a lipolite procedure lift/tighten my neck significantly? At least 75% lift? 90%? Or do you recommend another procedure? I am 59 almost 60 in very good health. Many thanks.

Neck Liposuction and Necklift/Facelift - great combination for many

+1

From your photographs I believe you would be best suited to have both liposuction (in my experience conventional liposuction works just as well as laser assisted liposuction such as Lipolite) together with a mini-facelift, facelift or neck lift. I personally would recommend liposuction with a LiteLift, MACS or similar minilift by a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon.

Options for neck lift

+1

By far your best result will occur with a lifting procedure that tightens the neck and the jaw border structures.  Liposuction is a component of the treatment but would not be sufficient to produce a 75 to 90% improvement.

For patients who desire a more modest improvement, there is some benefit from the various forms of laser lipoplasty as compared to other techniques of liposuction.  My particular preference is the sliim lipo technology by Palomar, but I have seen some nice results from highly experienced surgeons using other technology.

The most important factor is not the gadget used by the skill and judgement of your surgeon.  Seek the opinion of a surgeon who is highly trained and highly qualified and has a real passion for this type of surgery.

John Q. Cook, MD

Face/neck lift vs neck liposuction

+1
While you are a better candidate for a face/neck lift to get 90-100% result, you may not want to undergo invasive surgery. If that is the case, Laser liposuction (SmartLipo) will give you some tightening as well as removal of fat. Will likely give you a 50-60% improvement. As long as you have realistic goals and expectations balanced on the procedure you want, you can chose either procedure.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

You will get much better result with lipo and lower facelift combo

+1

The reason for the limitation of the liposuction (vaser,laser,tickel or traditional) is the quality of your skin and limitation of the skin retraction. You will not be happy with lipo alone and may look worse. If you can not get facelift now ,do not settle for less.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical neck tightening

+1
None of the non-invasive methods will produce the degree of improvement you are seeking. Liposuction alone would improve your neck but would not affect your jowls. I agree with others that the optimal solution would be lower face/neck lift but this may be more surgery than you are prepared to undergo. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation and then make a cost/benefit analysis as to viable options. Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

A Mini Facelift with Liposuction will give the most improvementl

+1

Tumescent Liposuction alone may improve your neck about 50% which is good for about $2500-3000 but the noninvasive or laser lipos don't give enough change to see a difference. The combination of a mini facelift and liposuction together will give a dramatic improvement and is easy to undergo under local anesthesia for roughly $6000-8500. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

In older patients, minimally invasive procedures don't work.

+1

Hi.

1)  I agree completely with Dr. Rand.  Liposuction of the neck is part of the procedure for you, but mainly you need re-draping of the skin and muscle, and this really means some kind of facelift.

2)  It is better to do nothing than the wrong procedure.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Neck lift

+1

From your pictures it does look like you would be a good candidate for Vaser Liposuction. We are not able to see the quality of your skin or the elasticity, to determine whether you would get the best result with a neck lift. Going to see your plastic surgeon for an exam would be great.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Lipo is not for you

+1

At your age, your neck skin doesn't have the elastic recoil anymore to get a good result with anything short of a lower facelift.  The neck muscles need to be tightened, the fat removed and the excess skin gently and naturally redraped and removed for the result you want.  75-90% improvement will just not be possible with liposuction regardless of what technology is being used.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS