How Effective is Lipolite?

My Smart Lipo dr ordered a new machine and says its better: Lipolite? Do you know it? Is it more advanced? I was not happy with the Lipolite procedure done on me almost 7 weeks ago and the clinic has offered to redo the upper tummy in July.

I hope it works as I don't want to have to go through that 3X. My lower tummy is much flatter but my flanks and upper tummy have not changed a bit!

Laser Liposuction

+1

The most important thing is how well trained your Dr. is.  A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is the one you should be going to.  The lipolite can be a good tool provided the Dr. is well trained and a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, not to a instrument manufacturer.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Is LipoLite better?

+1

LipoLite is a laser liposuction system that makes the following claims on its website:

"LipoLite is often a complement to treatments such as traditional liposuction or other body contouring procedures, because LipoLite can treat smaller problem areas that traditional liposuction can't. LipoLite is perfect for those stubborn pockets of fat that resist diet and exercise."

Just because it is new, does not mean it is better. Based on the company’s own marketing before & after pictures, it is hard to see if LipoLite has any advantage over traditional liposuction. There are no well designed studies showing an advantage of Lipolite compared to any other treatment.

If after 3 months you do not see the result you expected, discuss it with your doctor. But you may want to consider using a more proven liposuction technique.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS