Procedures to Remove Facial Fat?

I am 22 years old. 2 years ago, I took the depo birth control shot which caused me to gain 20 lbs and look very puffy and bloated, espcially in my face. Since stopping the depo, I managed to lose most of the weight but I have had minimal loss on the puffiness in my face.

My cheeks and chin are disproportionate to the rest of my body. If one were to only see my face in a picture, one would think I'm overweight, but I'm not. I was considering Lipodissolve but I am worried about the depressions, lumps and other possible side effects appearing somewhere as visible as the face.

Exercise and diet is only helping my body. What would be the best option for someone of my age to lose the fat in my face?

Liposuction of the face

+1

You have answered your own question. You cannot spot reduce through diet or exercise as you have already found out. Injections to kill the fat are associated with the problems you noted. The best remaining option is liposuction. You just need to make sure the liposuction is conservative as facial fat shrinks on its own as part of the aging process. If the fat is too aggressively removed now you will regret it when you are older.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.