Lipoabdominoplasty: Suitability & Costs

Hello, I am a 39 year old woman. I have never been pregnant, but I have quite the pouch and some fat rolls. The muscles under my abdominal fat seem to be tight. I have read about lipoabdominoplasty and am wondering if it is suitible for me or if a regular tummy tuck would be better. I am also interested in getting an idea of costs for lipoabdominoplasty in the Orlando, Florida or Tampa area. I appreciate any information and advice you are able to offer.

Lipoabdominoplasty is a great option

+4

Hi there- I have found the lipoabdominoplasty technique to be an excellent option for selected patients who have good (but not great) skin tone and excess fatty tissue. The outcomes we have achieved cannot be denied- the procedure works and is safe. As far as whether this is the best option for you in particular, it is difficult to say and would depend in large part on your exact goals for appearance, your examination (and particularly an examination of your skin), and your preference for postoperative experience. I prefer to perform this procedure with the VASER, as I believe there is less trauma to the blood supply (an important consideration), and that the outcome is better. In my practice, the costs will vary a bit based on how long the procedure will take, but range between $5500 and $8000 inclusive (surgeon's fee, anesthesia fee, facility fee, VASER rental fee, garments, etc).

LipoAbdominoplasty

+2

Lipoabdominoplasty is an advanced tummy tuck technique that safely combines extensive liposuction with tummy tuck. It achieves results far superior than those achievable by either procedure alone. I have been performing lipoabdominoplasty procedure for the last 5 years. Patients love their sculpted tummies.  It offers a greatly improved abdominal appearance due to the aggressive liposuction and muscle tightening and more security for riskier patients such as smokers or post weight loss patients. This is a technique advised for more experienced plastic surgeons as it requires combining liposuction and tummy tuck. The number of plastic surgeons employing lipoabdominoplasty in the United State is growing. It sounds like you are a great candidate for this procedure, however, this can only be determined after a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon

Stanley Okoro, MD

Bikini Tummy Tuck

+1

The best procedure for you is the Bikini Tummy Tuck. The harmonious combination of a full tummy tuck and liposculpture of the waist and back areas. Areas of emphasis are the incision placement (fits under a bikini), a natural looking belly button, and superior liposuction.

Jose M. Soler-Baillo, MD

Lipoabdominoplasty

+1

In my practice liposuction is almost always performed alongside tummy tuck surgery. This is because it helps to remove stubborn pockets of unwanted fat which can drastically improve the results of a tummy tuck. It is hard to say whether or not your underlying muscles are tight without and examination. Many women who have never had children can benefit from muscle repair - particularly those who have had significant weight fluctuations, but a standard tummy tuck with liposuction can be performed to remove excess skin and fat if you do not need muscle repair. Liposuction with a tummy tuck is often performed on the abdomen and the flanks to create a pleasing body contour with a more hour glass shape.

Tarick K. Smaili, MD

Liposuction and tummy tuck

+1

Tummy tucks are an extremely popular effective way to contour the abdomen. In our practice, we perform liposuction with every tummy tuck. Liposuction is an essential technique that we used to access fat and areas of the abdomen that we would not be able to do with a tummy tuck alone. Your best bet is to be evaluated by a board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate the different layers of your tissue and determine what combination of procedures will help you meet your goals. It sounds as if you would benefit from tummy tuck of the abdominal wall and for resection of tissue in your central lower abdomen.

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Pat Pazmino, MD

Tummy Tuck versus Liposuction

+1

If you have signficant skin laxity you may be better off with a tummy tuck. If your skin quality is good you may be a candidate for liposuction.

Abdominal wall fullness and pouch

+1

Although the liposuction will be of tremendous benefit, your result will ultimately be determined by the quality of your skin. IF the skin is lax, you may be left with redundant skin. However, this may be a reasonable option prior to childbirth and then consider a full tummy tuck following completion of pregnancy.

An examination is needed for a specific recommendation

+1

You can speak in generalizations online. Without examining you however, a specific recommendation is not really all that meaningful. Some women who have not had children still benefit from a muscular repair. A full muscular repair is one of the defining characteristics of a full tummy tuck as opposed to "lesser" tummy tucks.

Also be careful of your terminology. Some surgeons consider a lipoabdominoplasty as a different operation than others. This can make comparing "apples to apples" more difficult.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon