Should I Get Lipo?

I am a 28 year old female, 5 ft 5 and weigh 110lbs. I recently lost about 20lbs in the last year . I have lost a lot of weight everywhere but my belly and love handle areas. I cannot seem to get the desired results and have looked into Lipo to remove it. My only concern is the healing process, financial costs involved to treat both areas and weather or not I actually need it and what will happen if I ever become pregnant.

Candidates for Liposuction

+1

From your description, Ht. 5ft 5 in and wt. 110 lbs., and only having isolated pockets of fat over the abdomen and love handles, I believe you may be a good candidate for liposuction.  The procedure usually is performed on an outpatient basis and you should be able to return to light duties in a few days.  Costs can vary but most practices provide access to financing.  As you age your body will still change, but pregnancy, by itself, should not affect the results.  Best wishes.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo will work for you

+1

Smartlipo is great for any areas of the body where there are localized fat deposits. If you have areas of fat that will not respond to diet and exercise Smartlipo will work for you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Candidate for lipo

+1

Based on your description, it sounds like you are a perfect candidate for liposuction.  Liposuction is meant to be a body contouring procedure, not a weight loss procedure.  It is best reserved for those areas that are resistant to diet and exercise.  The healing process can vary with the type of liposuction performed.  SmartLipo can help make the healing process easier because there is often less bruising and swelling seen.  Cost can vary greatly in different parts of the country.  Future pregnancy may affect your results but liposuction will not affect the course of your pregnancy.  An in person examination with a board-certified plastic surgeon would give you the best answers.  

Naveen Setty, MD

Lipo is the way to go!

+1

It would be nice to see some photos but I'm sure you're a perfect candidate. In your case it would be more liposculpting since it sounds like a couple resistant areas. This can be performed under light oral sedation w local anesthetic. The procedure would take around 2 hours and cost around $5000. Future pregnancy is not an issue. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Lipo

+1

You sound like a good candidate but, a doctor needs to see you first. If you become pregnant perhaps nothing will happen or you could stretch out skin and muscle. This could lead to a formal tummy tuck.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD