Is Lipo Necessary With My MOM? (photo)

I am 31 5'4" 126.4lbs. I'm a mother of 4 (3 of them are 5 and under) and I finally just got back down to my pre-preggo weight. I've been seroisly considering a mommy makeover to repair the wear and tear on my body. I want to get a full TT with breast lift with implants to replace the volume I lost when I lost the weight. I see a lot people get lFronipo and I was wondering if I need it? I never really thought I did.

I would recommend liposuction.

+2

Congratulations on losing weight and getting back to your pre-pregnancy weight!  Based on your photos, you are a good candidate for mommy makeover.  I would recommend liposuction of waist and flanks to give you a better abdominal contour.  Liposuction will not add too much to your surgery time and recovery time.  Best wishes.  

Web reference: http://www.drkimplasticsurgery.com

Mommy Makeover and Liposuction

+2

After you are examined by your plastic surgeon, ask whether there are specific areas which would benefit from liposuction. 

Although we frequently add minimal liposuction at no additional charge for our tummy tuck and mommy makeover patients, patients who are thinner after significant weight loss may not need the lipo.

This can only be determined by physical examination of the areas to be addressed. Wishing you the best with your upcoming surgery.

Douglas Raskin, MD, DMD

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction is an Integral Part of the Mommy Makeover

+2

Liposuction is not limited to only suctioning of large fatty areas.  Often, it contours and shapes small areas and changes a good result into a great result. For instance, I notice in your pictures that you have small fatty protrusions at the front of your armpits just above your breasts.  These are known as the "Tail of Spence".  This is breast tissue that comes in around puberty and degenerates into fat in your 20s.  Liposuction of this area will make your breast lift look better and be a minor portion of your entire Mommy Makeover.  Other areas may need suctioning as well (hips, thighs, festoons on the back).  During your consultation with you Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, you and your surgeon will collectively decide if and where liposuction needs to be added to your Mommy Makeover.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction with a mommy makeover might be necessary

+2

I would recommend a little liposuction of your hips to get a nice result after the tummy tuck portion of your mommy makeover.  This will add to the hourglass figure that you're most likely looking for.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber...Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://marylandcosmeticsurgeryinc.com/photo-gallery/mommy-makeover-gallery/

Lipo Necessary With My MOM

+2

To answer your question precisely, you will need a physical examination and consultation so a surgeon can review your objectives. If you are seeking to address the love handles, then liposuction would be recommended to improve the contour. Consult with 3 - 4 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Is Liposuction needed for a Mommy Makeover?

+2

Your picture appear to show excess skin and fat in your abdomen.  Your breast skin envelope is stretched leaving your breasts hanging down.  These are common problems seen in patients seeking a mommy makeover.

The breasts are improved by a breast lift, with or without a breast implant augmentation.

The abdomen is adressed with a tummy tuck and liposuction of the flanks to improve your contour. 

The exact procedure needed can only be determined after a consultation where you will be examined and a thorough review of your treatment options will be discussed.

Mommy makeover

+2

From your photos, it appears that you are a good candidate for your mommy makeover procedures.  If you have some love-handles, then liposuction will definitely help contour your waist.   Please visit with a board certified PS in your area to learn more about your options.  Best of luck!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Mommy Makeover and Liposuction?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your description and pictures you may be an excellent candidate for mommy makeover surgery. Whether liposuction surgery is used or not will depend on your  goals and plastic surgeons preferences. Liposuction is a “tool” that is commonly used during body contouring  operations to help improve contour.

I would suggest that you select your plastic surgeon carefully. Make sure you see lots of examples of his/her work.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_mommyMakeover.htm

Is Lipo Necessary With My MOM?

+2

Posted photos are helpful. Yes the options you describe are very excellent and I agree with you obtaining them. 

Mommy makeover includes liposuction of the waist and love handles.

+2

Hi.

You look quite fit and a good candidate for a tummy tuck and breast lift with implants.  At the same time, some liposuction of the waist and lower back will give you an even nicer figure.  And it is safe.