Dr. Said He Would Preform Lipo During TT, But Didn't. Why Would This Happen? (photo)

My PS said he was going to do lipo on 3 places ( my muffin, above BB & hip's ) with me TT and didn't. should I say something to my PS. Scared to say anything that might make PS mad What should I do >>>>>> Plezzzz help

Liposuction with tummy tuck?

+2
You should absolutely ask your surgeon what was done and if you feel they are not telling you the hole story or are hedging, you should ask for a copy of your records to see what was done in the operating room and what the surgeon dictated was done. You should not be shy or embarrassed to do so, after all you paid for the procedure(s) you wanted.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction during tummy tuck

+2

If your surgeon planned for liposuction, please make sure that he or she didn't do some.  Some folks try not to be too agressive with liposuction during a tummy tuck because they worry about taking too much blood supply from the central flap of skin brought down during the procedure.  So, occasionally, the liposuction is modest but some may have been performed.  The surgeon would have dictated that part of the case into your operative note and you can always ask for copies of your medical record to have for your files.  And, you can just ask how much fat was removed during the liposuction portion.  If he or she didn't do any liposuction, you may just ask why he or she wasn't comfortable doing it and that you would still like correction to those areas.  If you paid for liposuction, then it should be done at some point even if it is done in a staged manner 3-6 months after the tummy tuck.  Please do not be worried about making your surgeon angry.  If I had a patient with these concerns, I would definitely want them to communicate with me. 

Jennifer Lauren Crawford, MD

Scheduled liposuction was not done.

+1

I think if those issues were discussed with you and you signed consents for those procedures, then you should ask why they were not done. He should not feel offended by that type of question.

Julio Garcia, MD

How to talk with your surgeon.

+1

First of all, you should not hold questions back from your surgeon. This is a person you chose to have a major operation with and a candid conversation is warranted. How do you know that no liposuction was performed? Was the liposuction to be adjunctive and discretionary during surgery? Often times as surgeons, our operative plan changes due to factors seen during the operation. Safety is paramount in any cosmetic procedure, and perhaps your surgeon felt that liposuction in your case would cause more risk than benefit. Having an open conversation about this will distill your fears and provide you answers you are undoubtly searching the internet for.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

What surgery was done?

+1

You should talk with your plastic surgeon and ask what was done (or not done) and why. You should be able to do this without anyone getting upset. If you paid for it and it was not done, you should probably get a refund or be able to arrange for it do be done at another time. Good luck.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction with tummy tuck

+1

Hi.  I think the answer will be best addressed by your plastic surgeon.  Ask him whether he has done the liposuction in all three areas that you had listed.  I normally perform liposuction on the waist/flanks ("muffin top") and hips.  However, I do not perform liposuction on the abdominal flap "above the BB" to preserve the blood supply. Please ask your plastic surgeon which areas were liposuctioned.  I do not think that he will be "mad" just because you want to know what happened during the surgery.  It is important to have a good communication with your plastic surgeon.

Sugene Kim, MD

+1

Very hard to guess why. Best to discuss in MORE detail. Maybe you were bleeding to much. But we really can not answer. 

Missing Liposuction

+1

If you were told that liposuction would be included in your procedure and paid for it, you have every right to ask if was done.  Was it on your quote, your consents?  Right before surgery you should have been asked by at least the nurse what you understood was being done so that nothing was missed.  Perhaps your surgeon was conservative.  With all the swelling from the TT it may be hard to tell that it was done.  There may have been some miscommunication, but there is an answer that only your surgeon can provide and you deserve to know .  Just ask.

Lori H. Saltz, MD

Lipo and tummy tuck

+1

I often liposuction adjacent areas to the abdomen but not speifically the abdominal flap at the same time as a tummy tuck for fear of having skin and soft tissue loss.  You should ask your surgeon what he did for you.

Lipo during tummy tuck?

+1

You would have to talk to your plastic surgeon, and in general, this type of communication is appropriate. It may be that some liposuction was performed but was conservative in nature. This may be the case to avoid complications with the tummy tuck. You should feel free to ask. If it was promised and wasn't done, and you want it, talk about whether you can get this done in a second stage procedure.

Michele A. Shermak, MD