DO I need lipo?

I'm having a full TT and my PS is advising on lipo of my love handles. Is this necessary? Or can I just loose a little weight and get rid of the excess fat myself. I am kinda afraid of the lipo plus the TT. I am just worried it will be very painful.

DO I need lipo?

+1
Liposuction with tummy tuck is fairly common.   You can certainly lose weight prior to the surgery if you would like.

DO I need lipo?

+1
It is a bit hard to evaluate with only the one picture posted. But I would suggest after healing from your Tummy Tuck, revisit the issue of liposuction. You may get the result your are looking for with just the Tummy Tuck and (once healed) hitting the gym. 

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Lipo combined with tummy tuck

+1
Liposuction is combined with most body contour resective proceedures. Your photo shows you definitly would benefit from an abdominoplasty and if you go ahead liposuction of the hip, back area will improve the result.

Darryl J. Hodgkinson, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty with Liposuction too much?

+1
To make the result as nice as possible will require a little liposuction in the flank areas. It is very safe and easy to perform at the time of the abdominoplasty surgery. There is little pain related to the additional liposuction.

Consult with you Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

DO I need lipo?

+1

Most of the discomfort associated with tummy tuck tends to be related to the muscle plication, not with liposuction performed as part of the procedure.  Assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, I would suggest that you allow him/her to use whatever maneuvers necessary to achieve the best outcome possible.