What is the Best Lipo Method?

with so many methods of lipo I am really confused and also scheduled for traditional lipo. what is the best way? laser/smart lipo? Im sure there are many opinions but am afraid maybe I made a mistake in choosing the standard way, that it will be to painfull or bad end results.

Best liposuction technique

+2

The vast majority of liposuction cases done today are performed with traditional liposuction. The newer techniques offer small advantages if any at all. In my practice I use ultrasonic-assisted liposuction as I feel it makes it easier for me to remove the fat, especially in fibrous areas like the love handles, but it is really a matter of the surgeon. I could get the same amount of fat out with traditional liposuction, its just that I would work a a little harder. As to the claims of better skin contraction with the newer techniques, I think in clinical practice, there are no visual differences in the end result.

The BEST liposuction technique

+2

The best liposuction technique is the one chosen by your trusted plastic surgeon.   There are at least 5 different techniques to perform safe liposuction.   Whatever works the best in the hands of your surgeon is the type that needs to be performed for you.   One does not need to pay for technology if the technician cant perform the technical event.   The best analogy I have heard goes like this.   Tiger Woods is one of the finest golfers in the world.   He can choose the latest and greatest golf clubs yet he uses many clubs that are several years old.  Why?   They work for him!  Most of us read the latest literature and question representatives of the latest and greatest devices.   We choose what works the best in our hands.   The bottom line is what kind of results the surgeon can provide for you.   Viewing photographs of patients before and after, as well as speaking to them will give you the best insight.  I personally use tumsescent liposuction techniques with ultrasonic and suction assisted liposuction techniques, removing no more than 5 liters of aspirate per procedure.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

The one best lipo

+1

There is no one best liposuction...at least not yet. Different techniques may have different applications and benefits depending on the patient and surgeon. This can vary with the location of  the liposuction site ase well. In some instances, i have used laser, ultrasound, power assisted, nutational, syringe suction assited lipectomy/lipoplasty.

Best Liposuction Method

+1

I always compare liposuction and surgeon to car and driver. In a car race such as NASCAR, the car does not win the race. What matters is who is driving the car. Similarly, in liposuction, surgical outcome its not based on the  method, but the surgeon doing the liposuction. Essentially, the best result in liposuction depends on the training and experience of the surgeon. Your surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

There are many technologies available to assist the Plastic surgeon. The most common ones are ultrasonic (Vaser & Lysonix) and laser (multiple brands). Each technology carries its own inherent risk and benefits.
No matter which technologies used as an adjunct to liposuction, it is the training, experience, and judgment of the Plastic surgeon that makes the most difference in outcome. The surgeon should select the method that will deliver the best result for the patient. As an expert in all the methods of liposuction, I select which method to deliver the best result.

Stanley Okoro, MD

There are now at least 14 different tools for performing liposuction.

+1

There are now at least 14 different tools for performing liposuction. Experienced capable doctors can get good results with any of them. The key is to find the best liposuction expert in your community and let him/her choose the instrument.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Confusion over different types of liposuction

+1

There isn't one right answer as to which type of liposuction is better. Each surgeon has his/her own technique that works best for them. Sometimes it depends on the area and the patient, that can determine the method, as some surgeons use a combination. But the most important thing to consider is the experience of your surgeon, check to be sure of Board Certification in Plastic Surgery and ask to see lots of before and after pictures. Some surgeons can arrange for you to speak to one or two of their patients that have been through the procedure.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

The Best Method for Liposuction

+1

As a surgeon who has performed a large number of liposuction surgeries I find that even I am confused and overwhelmed by the number of technologies out there that claim to offer better results, less down time and less discomfort. If I'm having trouble sorting out the truth patients must really be confused. I have used ultrasonic and laser assisted liposuction as well as the pneumatic liposuction handle and I can state categorically that the artistic and technical ability of the surgeon is 98% of the equation when it comes to getting superb results. As with any other cosmetic surgical procedure research out your surgeon with great care. Look at the photos he/she  should have in the office. Feel confident that your surgeon understands your concerns, appears interested in your concerns and is proposing a surgical plan that seems reasonable. Don't stress too much about the technology. The tumescent technique is the gold standard against which all other techniques must be judged. Best of Luck

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Different methods of liposuction

+1

One method is not any more or less painful than another in liposuction although for some patients, the vibration felt with power liposuction may distract the nerve endings and make it feel less bothersome, but after the anesthetic solution is injected liposuction is comfortable for most patients. The end result may be the same regardless of using conventional tumescent liposuction, ultrasonic liposuction, water jet liposuction or laser-assisted smart liposuction. The good result you obtain from the liposuction is dependent on the surgeon's experience and talent.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction

+1

I always say that it is not the the wand but the magician holding the weant that creates the magic.  Find a good surgeon do not worry so much about the technqiue used.

Liposuction Method

+1

Dr. Baxter has said it very well. It is not the method of surgery or anesthesia or the machine to assist with the surgery, but it is the surgeon and his/her experience. Traditional liposuction still works very well. I was one of the first surgeons trained in this country by the Europeans at the beginning of liposuction. I am still using traditional liposuction and find it very effective, and with far fewer problems than the other methods. It is applicable to very small or very large problems. Post operative pain is the same in all methods. Although all the methods are acceptable, you should inquire about experience. Many of the Laser or other types of liposuction machines are being sold to physicians with no surgical experience that learn all their technique at a 1 or 2 day course. As Dr. Baxter said, this is real surgery with real risks, including death. You need someone who can reduce these risks to an absolute minimum.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon