Lipo W/ Mini Tummy Tuck, but No Drains?

I have lipo w/ mini tummy tuck one week ago. My doctor did not place drains. Are drains required, or just a matter of technique? I am worried that I will not be getting rid of the accumulated fluid. the skin on my stomach is also saggy, it does NOT look tight and flat like I expected from these two procedures. I am doing drainage massages, is this helpful, or just an optimizing "extra". Should I be concerned that he did not place drains?

Drains and tummy tucks

+2

Whether or not drains are used is dependent upon the technique the surgeon uses. For my tummy tucks I can use drains or opt not to depending on the individual patient and how I feel I can best perform their procedure. It is important to have an open and frank discussion with you surgeon before (and after) booking surgery about his or her techniques and experience. At The Plastic Surgery Clinic, we offer complimentary consultations with me and/or our other surgeons so that our patients are meeting in-person with their surgeon and getting the best possible advice. Each patient is unique and needs his or her individualized surgical plan.

Web reference: http://www.theplasticsurgeryclinic.com/procedures/body/tummytuck.html

To drain or not to drain?

+1

Ultimately this depends upon the amount of undermining performed during the mini-tuck. When combined with liposuction, I think it makes sense to drain this area as both the fluid from the liposuction and the dependent nature of the anatomic area will preclude folks to collect fluid. Compression garments do help considerably and are often advised. However, the person you should really ask is your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Drains post tummy

+1

This is the decision of the surgeon.If the tummy tuck was limited without a lot of undermining then it is not unreasonable to not put in drasins.I would were a compressive garment 24/7.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Mini-tummy tuck and drains

+1

I am nto a big fan of mini-tummy tucks becasue often patients need more skin removed and the upper abdomen treated.  As for drains, that is surgoen dependent. I prefer them.