Minimize Bruises from Lipo W/ Fat Transfer to Buttocks

I had my procedure done wed july 14th i am in az and hate these garments, my arms are really bruised and so is one sde of my body , I am taking arnica, bromelain , and rutin plus, i am in a long distrance relationship and didnt want my boyfriend to know i did this surgery, I am curious if there is ways to minimize and reduce swelling and bruising , I am verry pleased with thye appearance of the buttocks and am going for the i have been working out look, but the bruises are kinda unexplainable

Bruising after liposuction

+1
Maximum swelling is usually within about three to five days after your surgery, and the majority of it along with bruising goes away in two to three weeks. You may feel some firmness, though, for a few months afterward. You can assess your results at three to four months after surgery.

Getting out of bed and doing normal things around the house, or even a little stroll outdoors, is a good thing. This activity minimizes the risk of blood clots and decrease swelling. You should also always follow your surgeon's post-op instructions as well as wear your compression garment. I generally advise patients wear their garment 24 hours a day for three weeks, removing it only when bathing or washing it. From 3 to 6 weeks, wear your garment in the day only. It helps with easing swelling and reducing the risk of seroma.

Bruising after surgery

+1

Some bruising may be improved with the application of Bruisestick ointment twice daily to the skin. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Bruises take tincture of time

+1

I ask my patients prior to surgery to avoid a long list of 60 over the counter meds that encourage bruising, like Aspirin. After the fact it's too late to do that. Just massage and wait. If the result was good, a little ruising is a small price to pay.   Dr Foster

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon