Minimize Bruises from Lipo W/ Fat Transfer to Buttocks

I had my procedure done wed july 14th i am in az and hate these garments, my arms are really bruised and so is one sde of my body , I am taking arnica, bromelain , and rutin plus, i am in a long distrance relationship and didnt want my boyfriend to know i did this surgery, I am curious if there is ways to minimize and reduce swelling and bruising , I am verry pleased with thye appearance of the buttocks and am going for the i have been working out look, but the bruises are kinda unexplainable

Bruising after liposuction

+1
Most of the swelling and bruising will be gone in 2-3 weeks. Getting out of bed and doing normal things around the house, or even a little stroll outdoors, is a good thing while you recover. This activity will greatly minimize the risk of deep clots in your leg veins and will help to decrease swelling. You should also always follow your surgeon's post-op instructions as well as wear your compression garment. The garment helps prevent accumulation of fluid in the areas where fat has been removed. It will also help to decrease swelling, and to conform the skin to its new position, maximizing the cosmetic outcome. It will allow you to see the final result following surgery much sooner. Failure to comply with garment instructions will increase the risk of seroma formation and suboptimal results. I know the garment is uncomfortable, but please continue to wear it as advised. 

Bruising after surgery

+1

Some bruising may be improved with the application of Bruisestick ointment twice daily to the skin. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Bruises take tincture of time

+1

I ask my patients prior to surgery to avoid a long list of 60 over the counter meds that encourage bruising, like Aspirin. After the fact it's too late to do that. Just massage and wait. If the result was good, a little ruising is a small price to pay.   Dr Foster

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon