Lipo or Tummy Tuck For Least Sagging Skin At The End? (photo)

i dont really mind the stretch marks, but i would much rather get lipo since its less invasive then a TT and it will give me the result i want, i just want a flat tummy, but with if i do just lipo wouldnt it leave me way to much saggy skin?

You are likely to enjoy the benefits of a tighter, firmer, flatter tummy if you opt for the tummy tuck.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

You are likely to enjoy the benefits of a tighter, firmer, flatter tummy if you opt for the tummy tuck. I do not think that you would like or be satisfied with the results of liposuction alone.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for an evaluation to make sure that you are a candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

Tummy Tuck vs. Lipo

+1

Thank you for your question and pictures. I highly recommend an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). Liposuction will not tighten the stretched out excess skin. The only way to get a tight tummy and beautiful result is with a tummy tuck. There is not question that tummy tuck surgery is one the larger procedures we do as plastic surgeons, it is without a doubt one of the highest satisfaction procedures I perform. Patients are ecstatic to have a tight flat stomach again and be able to wear bathing suits/other clothing again.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Tummy Tuck For Sagging Skin...

+1

A TT would be your best option to achieve a flatter tummy and to get rid of the excess skin. Typically  a modest amount of liposuction can be performed during the TT procedure. That would be my recommendation for you. Please be sure to contact a board certified plastic surgeon when you are ready to move forward.

Kenneth A. Marshall, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck For Sagging Skin

+1

Your photos and description suggest that you would be a candidate for the tummy tuck surgery. There are variations of the procedure so consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to identify the best variation for you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck or lipo

+1

Dear undecide,

Well,  your pictures tell it all.  You have both skin laxity and muscle laxity. Since your goal is to have a flat tummy, liposuction will not do it. The only realistic approach to achieve your goal is a tummy tuck. It will tighten the skin and the muscle and there is high likelihood that you will lose significant weight due to the muscle tightening and the increase pressure on your stomach. Lipo will only reduce the fat of your tummy but will not improve on your flatness. Moreover the skin might end up redundent. Choose wisely. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Poor skin quality

+1

With the poor skin quality that you have as evident on your posted photos, liposuction will make it looser. You m ay be better off with a tummy tuck to remove most of the stretch marks on the lower part of your abdomen.

Stretch marks a sign of poor skin elasticity

+1

If you have stretch marks, it is a sign that you have lost some of your skin's elasticity, and the skin won't retract well with just liposuction. As mentioned by some of the other physicians, you also have muscle stretching which needs to be tightened up surgically. Do see a board-certified plastic surgeon, who is best equipped to offer you what you need, not just what they are able to do.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a TT or could I benefit just from lipo?

+1

After reviewing your photos it appears that you are not a candidate for liposuction. You have loose skin with weak muscles resulting in a bulge. You need a TT in order to remove the loose skin and reconstruct the abdominal muscles. You should consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can explain the you the procedure. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Lipo or Tummy Tuck For Least Sagging Skin At The End?

+1

Thank you for your pictures.  It appears that you have loose skin and weakness or bulging of the muscles.  A tummy tuck is what you need.  It will tighten the muscles and remove the excess skin.  Lipo will not give you a flat tummy.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Tummy Tuck Needed To Minimize Sagging Skin

+1

A tummy tuck is a much bigger operation than lipo, but you need a TT to remove the excess skin.  Even though you state the stretch marks don't bother you, they would largely be removed with the TT.  A third benefit would be the muscle tightening to improve the pooch in your central abdomen.

John Whitt, MD