Lipo and Tummy Tuck with the LapBand

I have a lapband and paid for a full TT and Lipo of abdomen and flanks. I was not expecting a washboard stomach becuz of the port. My PS performed a mini TT and said I did not need a full TT. So far I am not happy with the reults. I am only 4 wks but this cannot all be swelling. Please comment.

Tummy tuck and LapBand

+1

A tummy tuck can be performed with a lap band in place. One of my specialties is body contouring after bariatric surgery. I am president of the American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons. Please watch my video.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

A Full Tummy Tuck CAN be performed with a LapBand

+1
A full Tummy Tuck can be performed in the presence of a LapBand. I have done it multiple times. The LapBand port is relocated sideways allowing for nice repositioning and tightening of the anterior 6pack tummy muscles. Respectfully, none of us were in thr room when you and your surgeon discussed your options and chose your operation. Moreover, we did not examine you before surgery. Therefore, I can only say that had you been my patient, I would have declined your request for a Mini Tummy Tuck knowing that much more would be required beyond the capabilities of that limited procedures to make someone with a figure similar to yours happy. I'm sorry for the miscommunication between you and your surgeon.