Lipo or Tummy Tuck to Help Reduce Weight While Dealing with Chronic Illness?

I am 38 years old. I was diagnosed with hidradenitis suppurativa in 2009. I am 5'2" and I weight 235 pounds. I was recently within the past two months diagnosed with degenerative joint disorder and have been attending physical therapy for the past month to correct my right knee. Working out is limited because of both my knee and because of hidradenitis flareups. I'm presently taking laser hair treatments to prep skin to be grafted onto my left underarm where hidradenitis has been chronic.

+1

Neither liposuction nor tummy tuck is a safe nor effective procedure for weight loss. Furthermore, in the setting of hidredenitis, the infection risk would make the risks far outweigh the benefits.  

Most plastic surgeons will not do a tummy tuck on patients with a BMI over 30 because of known complication risk even in the absence of a source of chronic infection.

At your BMI (43) you may be a candidate for weight loss surgery. Discuss with your primary surgeon.