Liposuction or Tummy Tuck to Help Abdomen After Pregnancy?

I have been working out for two years 5 times a week, after having my son i can not get rid of this lower mid area. i'm 5'3 and weight 125. i was wondering if lipo or a tummy tuck which one would be better and would it also get rid of love handles? i eat very heatly and drink lots of water.

Liposuction or tummy tuck after pregnancy

+1

The love handle area usually responds very well to liposuction. Sometimes the rectus abdominus muscles (which are stretched during preganacy) also need to be repaired through a mini or full tummy tuck.  A consultation with a surgeon who can examine you in-person is the best source for what would work best for your particular situation.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck vs liposuction

+1

A tummy tuck may be th answer to tighten the msucle and remove excess skin. But, if you are going to have more children, I would wait.

Tummy tuck or liposuction after pregnancy

+1

your lower abdomen appears to be distended and drooped. You probably need a tummy tuck, but this is needed to be confirmed by an examination. Liposuction may address the love handles very well, but would not improve the stomach enough by itself.

Ronald Shelton, MD

The answer is in the diagnosis

+1

If you have only excess fat, and minimal excess skin, then Liposiction would remove the fat and be your solution.  If you only have excess skin below your belly button, then a mini abdominoplasty and liposuction together would take care of your problem.  However, if your muscles have been stretched from childbearing and or you have excess skin above your belly button, you are a cadidate for a full abdominoplasty which would tighten the muscles and remove the excess skin. 

For your lovehandles extra weight, you would need to have liposuction at the same time.  I find that about 65% of my abdominoplasty patients also ask for liposuction to their lovehandles.  You should seek out a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery for best results.  Good work for your efforts so far!  Good luck!

Dan Mills, MD

Your Best Figure = Tummy Tuck with Liposuction of the Back / Hips

+1

Your pregnancy has BOTH stretched and damaged your skin resulting in permanent excess, extended and split your tummy muscles and deposited fat on your lower back and hips. If you are planning on having another child in the next few years, I would suggest you only have a Liposuction of these areas. The procedure would give you a better contour but would NOT shrink the excess skin NOR corrected the pooch caused by the split muscles.

If you completed your family, the absolutely BEST result would come from fixing every damaged component. The fat of the lower back and hips should be suctioned. This Back Scoop Surgery would give you much more defined and attractive buttocks with nice hips. A Full Tummy Tuck would remove all loose tummy skin, and the muscle repair would flatten the tummy and narrow the waist. In the process a sagging Mons pubis may be lifted as well as correcting any cellulite dimpling of the anterior upper thighs.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea

Tummy tuck procedures after pregnancy

+1

You appear to have a nicely shaped figure, and should be congratulated on your efforts to restore your body to its pre-pregnancy shape. Unfortunately, there are some changes that have occurred to your abdomen that diet and exercise will not improve. You appear to have stretched skin below your belly button and some mild laxity of the abdominal wall. You also have some fatty tissue globally along your abdomen and flanks. The gold-standard treatment for you is a standard tummy tuck with some flank liposuction. Do not accept a less invasive operation (liposuction alone) as it will not deal with the skin and abdominal wall laxity. You are 'starting from a good place', and likely will have a terrific tummy tuck result with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck more often a better choice than lipo to the abdomen after pregnancy

+1

Congratulations on your efforts to get back in shape after your pregnancy. You have probably noticed what most of my tummy tuck patients do, which is that exercise and diet don't tighten skin, especially after pregnancy. For that reason, lipo is not often a good choice, though it would be done on the love handle area at the same time as the abdominoplasty. A word of caution as you continue to research your options: I have seen an increasing number of patients who should have had the TT but were sold on a laser lipo procedure with the promise that it would tighten the skin. Studies show that the additional tightening is slight, and what I am seeing is some pretty awful results that are very difficult to fix. No one can give you specific advice without seeing you, so take the time to see more than one board-certified plastic surgeon so you know your options and what to expect in terms of results.

Richard Baxter, MD

Liposuction and Tummy Tucks Can Restore the Natural Abdominal Contour

+1

Liposuction is useful for the areas of the hips adn the upper abdomen.  The abdominoplasty tightens the abdominal wall muscles and helps to remove excess skin.  It is hard to tell from the pictures if both would be necessary.  I would see a plastic surgeon whom offers both liposuction and abdominoplasty for their opinion and see what they recommend after an examination. Your photo looks fabulous and perhaps just a little liposuciton would give you the desired result.  Best wishes.

Charles Perry, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon