I Am Considering Lipo Transfer to Increase 1 Cupsize. What Are my Best Options? (photo)

I have been presented with considering lipo transfer. I am 5'7 130lbs. My usual weight is 115. I model so I don't want to increase more than a full A or B from a AA. What would be my best options for this?

Fat grafting to the breast!

+1
You have to have fat available for grafting!

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Fat grafting is a valuable tool in breast surgery. This technique has gained more popularity over the past 7 years. There are many techniques used to harvest the fat, process the fat and then re-inject the fat. Conventional suction lipectomy is performed with a small diameter cannula, processed by separating the liquid and fibrous tissue from the fat, and then placed into syringes for re-injection or through a closed system.

Fat grafting for breast augmentation

+1

Soem surgeons are using fat injection for breat augementation. It is still a developing area and no one knows what the long term effects of fat grafting will be on the the native breast tissue.  At present I would stick with breast implants to ensure a more reliable outcome.

Fat transfer possible for small increases in cup size in the right patient

+1

Thank you for your question.  I have heard Del Vecchio speak and seen good results. I just returned from an extensive fat grafting training course by Dr. Roger Khouri in Miami, FL.  Both are respected plastic surgeons. Fat grafting works.  I agree with the comments that it is a labor intensive preparation process but fat transfer does work well when done right. 

The best you could hope for given your body size is an increase of about 150cc of your own fat in each breast. The difficulty for you will be finding enough donor sites on your body to collect 300cc of fat.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Autologous Fat Breast Augmentation

+1

Hello Q2U,

Breast augmentation using your own fat is in its infancy, even though it seems like there's a plastic surgeon performing this procedure on every street corner.  The reality is that the person getting the most impressive and consistent results (Dr. DelVecchio in Boston) requires you to undergo an elaborate preparation entailing wearing a suction bra system (can't go out with it on!) for a few weeks, and still has a 50% loss of grafted fat.  Even though your goal bra size is modest, I don't think you'll have enough fat to give without causing serious and unfixable donor site morbidity (irregularities and abnormal contours to the areas where fat was suctioned).

In the last decade, we have learned much about obesity and how it can permanently change your metabolism, including your brain chemistry.  Therefore I do not recommend gaining weight, it is a serious health risk, even if you suction the fat later.

The state of the art in breast augmentation is still breast implants.  Breast implants are safe and effective, and with an excellent surgeon, your risk of a complication is 3%. Breast implants don't last forever, but most last well beyond 10 years, and there is a suggestion that the majority of well placed silicone gel implants last well into the second decade.

It is important that you consult with reputable surgeons that perform breast augmentation regularly.  The cost of any surgery is not cheap, and those offering significantly lower prices than the majority of surgeons should be suspect.  Remember, this is about your health and safety, as well as quality of result.  The surgeons you should consult with will be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS), and be members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).  The ABPS is the only recognized board for plastic surgery of the body.  The ASAPS has only ABPS members, and only those that perform a majority of cosmetic surgeries. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

+1

After reviewing the one posted photo and reading the other expert responses I agree with Dr Khoobehi. I would try to gain 10 pounds and have liposuction with a multiple hole cannulae 3 mm. than using the fat grafting techniques of dr S. Coleman attempt a 200 cc per side transfer. Best of luck. 

Fat grafting is not yet worked out entirely

+1

You should still consider fat grafting to be an experimental procedure with unpredictable results.  Your best bet is a small moderate profile silicone implant under the muscle.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Fat grafting for breast augmentation

+1

I am not a fan of fat grafting.  I think the jury is still out on its efficacy and there is the risk of resorption and consequent asymmetry.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation and possibly consider a small implant for a more permanent and consistent result.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Fat grafting may be an option depending on the available fat

+1

You seem to be in excellent shape and it will be hard to find 400 cc of fat (200 cc each breast) from the posted pictures. If you have fat pocket in lower body and plan to keep the same weight,fat grafting is an option. I have done many fat grafting for similar situation. You need to do your research and make sure your surgeon is qualified to do fat grafting to the breast.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting to the breast

+1

You already look thin and if you plan on losing weight you will have even less fat to graft. If you get fat grafting and then go on to lose weight you may lose the effect on your breasts. A small silicone gel implant is likely your best option. Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and Fat Grafting?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

I personally do not have any experience with fat grafting to the breasts;  if you are considering this modality do your due diligence carefully and weigh the pros/cons carefully.  Make sure you choose a plastic surgeon who can demonstrate a significant experience level and long-term success.