Lipo of the Flanks and Lower Abdomen and Fat Redistribution?

Hello. I am getting liposuction of my flanks and lower abdomen in about two weeks and I am trying to gain weight beforehand. Will fat redistribute in my lower half if I gain weight after the procedure? I am trying to change my Proportions. I gain weight only in my stomach. In fact, its hard to gain weight in general. Ive eaten so much and even have been drinking weight gainers and ive only made it to 120. What can I expect with weight gain after lipo? Are my expectations reasonable? I'm 5'5".

Fat redistribution after lipo

+1

Your question about trying to reshape your body through targeted liposuction with hopes for redistribution to specific areas reminds me of a famous African proverb.  "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans."  (No offense intended.  I tell myself that all the time).  I don't think they were talking about liposuction at the time, but, we really have no control over where or how much the fat will redistribute after liposuction.  If you were heavier, you might know where your secondary fat storage sites are, and maybe that is why you were trying to gain weight.  For now, treat the areas of concern to you, and just know that you may or may not gain in other areas (not our choice unfortunately).  This is a good question in that this is a somewhat controversial subject in the Plastic Surgery literature. Good luck 

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Gaining weight before surgery

+1

Trying to gain weight before surgery is very ill-advised.  You are far more likely to have contour irregularities after you lose the weight following surgery, and it will be more likely that your end result will be disproportionate.  You should eat a normal, healthy diet before and after your operation.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Never, Never gain weight on purpose prior to liposuction.

+1

Gaining weight on purpose prior to liposuction is of no value at all and only makes it harder to workout and diet after lipos. It is never recommended to do this.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD 

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/lipo.asp

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

It is probably true that by removing the fat cells in one area that future weight gain will occur in other areas.  I would not recommend this, but this could be achieved with liposuction.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Weight gain after lipo

+1

I am a bit confused by your question. You stated you are actively trying to gain weight prior to liposuction. I would only do this if you were planning to transfer the fat to areas where you are deficient.

That being said we all have a primary site where we deposit fat. Liposuction will remove a percentage of fat from that area but it will remain the preferred storage location. The most likely result of weight gain is the possible visibilty of contour irregularities in the area suctioned. Fat relocating to other areas only occurs with significant weight gain or near complete removal of fat from the primary storage site which is not typically done.

I hope this was helpful and good luck

Web reference: http://drrobkessler.com