Lipo of the Arms -Hard Small?

I had minor liposuction of my arms. It is two months later and I am still a little sore. I was advised to rub the area where the lipo was performed. When I do, I feel small hard balls, more balls in the sore areas. Is this normal? If so, is there anything I can do?

Sore and lumps

+1

It is very common and it will clear up in 6 months to a year.  If you want to speed this up, ask your cosmetic physician if they can recommend RF treatments for you.  I often send my patients for treatments like Tite Fx, VelaShape, Triactive or Venus Freeze after liposuction to facilitate the skin tightening action and also to help speed up the process of those tiny lumps disappeqring.  The heat from the RF and the mechanical motions needed with all of these devices leads to the breakdown of the hardened tissue and remaining fat.  The added bonus is the tissue tightening that happens with RF energy.Good luck!

Lipo of the Arms

+1

What you are feeling is scar in the remaining adipose (fat) tissue. These usually resolve over 6 months or so. Sometimes they are responsive to Kenalog injections. Show these to your surgeon. 

All the best. 

Arm Liposuction recovery

+1

Thank you for your question about your arm liposuction recovery.

• The small hard areas are probably internal scarring or little areas of fat 'necrosis' - where the fat is absorbing.
  • I inject hard areas after liposuction with very dilute steroid.
  • It helps the body absorb them.
  • Even without this, the areas will usually be gone in another 4 months.

Best wishes. Hope this helps!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Post-Op Lipo

+1

It is not uncommon to have soreness and palpable lumps months after liposuction.  Hopefully, you are seeing a result that you like at 2 months, but the final result can take 6 to as long as 12 months!  Patience and massage are all that I recommend at this time.  Don't worry though, the hardness will go away.  Good Luck!

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Lipo of arms and firmness

+1

Some forms of liposuction can cause more pain. The "balls" you feel may be scar tissue.  Massage may help.  Best to show this to your surgeon.

Balls in Area of Liposuction after 2 Months

+1

Massage can help with the scar maturation process.  Time and massage are usually recommended to help improve the texture of the area.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA