Lipo Suction Swelling Throughout the Day?

I am 13 days post op liposuction and BBL. I wake up so nice and smooth with a 26 inch waist (no lumps) and through the day, I gain at least 1-3 inches on my waist and am lumpy! Is this normal? is my waist getting bigger from swelling?

Lipo Suction Swelling Throughout the Day

+1

None of what you relate sounds particularly alarming or unusual. Swelling occurs always, and most patients are larger than before surgery for a month or so. 

Much of the swelling resolves and redistributes while you are lying down asleep, and typically worsens during the day. 

This will improve over 3-6 months. All the best. 

Swelling after Body Contouring Surgery?

+1

Yes, incresed intraday swelling that may worsen with increased activity is quite normal after most forms of body contouring surgery. This process usually “equilibrate” several months down the line.

Brazilian butt lift and swelling

+1

Swelling is the norm after a brazilian butt lift and liposuction. This should get better with time.

Swelling after liposuction.

+1

Swelling is 100% normal and this is called the wound healing process.  This swelling pattern takes 4 to 6 months to subside and the healing process is not complete until one year.   My Best   CrC

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon