Lipo on a Stomach with Stretch Marks

Hello ive been thinking about getting lipo but i have some strechmarks would my stomach look flabby after ive done the surgery cuz of my strechmarks?

Lipo for stretch marks

+1
Depending on your goals as a reult of the surgery, liposuction could be performed on patients with stretch marks. If reduction of excess fat is your main goal and you are concerned about scarring from a tummy tuck liposuction may work well. On the other hand, if strectch marks are your biggest concern, they will not be removed with liposuction. A mini tummy tuck with liposuction may be a reasonable compromise for some patients. Of course all this would depend on your evaluation at the consultation from an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Stretch marks and liposuction

+1

Lipousction will not improve stretch marks, in fact they may get worse after liposuction. It is diffiuclt to predict. If your skin is very loose you may need a different procedure than liposuction.

Liposuction alone will not be good if you have a lot of stretch marks

+1

If you have a lot of stretch marks, liposuction will make your abdomen worse. You need a combination of Liposuction and Tummy Tucks in order to get the best result. Otherwise your skin will look wrinkled.

best wishes,

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Stretch marks and liposuction

+1

Flabby skin indicates loose folding skin, not being tight. You might get good stretch back after liposuction but the texture of the skin won't change. The stretch marks will still be there but without examining your skin elasticity, it is impossible to say that your skin would retract back or hang over, after liposuction. There can not be a guarantee, even after an examination, that you will retract the skin so that it appears tight after liposuction.

Ronald Shelton, MD

You need tummy tuck

+1

If you have extra skin and also extra fatty tissue, lipo will remove the fat and not the skin. the combination of the lipo and tummy tuck will give you the best result.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction will NOT tighten skin OR remove Stretch Marks

+1

Regarding: " Lipo on a stomach with stretch marks    Hello ive been thinking about getting lipo but i have some strechmarks would my stomach look flabby after ive done the surgery cuz of my strechmarks? "

Liposuction is a fantastic tool to remove and sculpt fat but it will NOT tighten skin much less remove scars or stretch marks. If your skin is loose, this will worsen after liposuction.  You need to balance your cosmetic wishes against what each operation can or cannot do for you. In this case, you MAY do better with a Tummy Tuck which for the price of a scar will remove all loose skin, narrow the waist and flatten the tummy.

Good Luck.

Dr. Aldea

Liposuction May Make Stretch Marks WORSE

+1

Without pictures to see, it is really hard to say.  However, the chances are that if you do undergo liposuction, it may make your skin more flabby and loose.  You will have less fat tehre, but more loose skin and maybe more noticeable stretch marks.   I would talk with a plastic surgeon and voice your concerns with them during your consultation.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Lipo on a stomach with stretch marks

+1

No photos so my guess is YES! Seek at least 3 boarded surgeons in your area to discuss this issue with them. But the chances of FLABBY skin is real. From MIAMI DR. B