Smart Lipo Vs. Tummy Tuck for Faster Recovery

I want to contact you as I live in the Denver area as well. I am considering a tummy tuck after having 3 kids, but now I'm hearing a lot about "smart lipo."

I was wondering if this is a smarter choice for me since I maybe won't have a huge scar and the recovery time appears to be less. I was wondering if the smart lipo helps with stretch marks and if it truly tightens the skin. A little about me, I am 5'6" and weight 155 pounds and have 22% body fat. Thx!

The tummy tuck is for you!!

+2

Smart lipo is NOT a tummy tuck without the scar. It doesn't fix stretch marks, doesn't tighten the muscles, and it doesn't get rid of the extra skin in the lower abdomen. The 2 procedures are completely different. Despite the hype you might have heard about Smart lipo, it isn't magic at all and it doesn't substitute for the tummy tuck in a case like yours. Just find the very best plastic surgeon and go for the tummy tuck!

I think it is quite possible that SmartLipo will do just fine rather than a tummy tuck!

+1

While plastic surgeons will always encourage a tummy tuck, the dirty little secret is that oftentimes a well done tumescent liposuction with or without SmartLipo can avoid the horrrible scar, the long recovery time and the pain involved in a tummy tuck.

While tummy tucks have a cute name, the reality is that they are quite expensive and often aren't even necessary. But don't ask a plastic surgeon that as this is an expensive procedure, while liposuction isn't. If you want a true answer to this question, go to a dermatologist, where there is a possibility that your question will be answered without the profit motive involved.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

Smart lip does not replace tummy tuck

+1

You will need to have tummy tuck for the result that you are looking for. I do offer both procedures  and you are not a good candidate for the smart lipo. You have stretch mark,loose skin and also loose muscle. Please get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon