Lipo to Even out Small Fat Deposits in Waist Area?

I have heard that women with a waist size of 35in or more stands a higher risk of many health problems. I'm a non-smoker, exercise at least 2 hours a week and watch what I eat, but my waist isn't improving any. I recently had a TT. I was afraid of getting too much done with the TT even tho my PA suggested lipo at the same time. I am pleased with my flat tummy, but now my concern is that my waist is very wide for a person of my height. What can you suggest in terms of lip of hips/flanks?

Liposuction after Tummy tuck to get smaller waist

+3

Liposuction is a good option for small stubborn areas of fat deposit in the flank area.

You should  return to your initial surgeon and he should be able to help you and review your options.

Good Luck

Lipo to even out small fat deposits in waist area

+2

Yes lipo can improve on those areas. seek opinions from 3 boarded surgeons in your area. Or return to your tummy tuck doctor. From MIAMI Dr. B

Liposuction for thin waist

+2

There are three things that can result in retained waist girth after a tummy tuck, and two are somewhat related. First, the muscle may not have been pulled in tight enough to create a thinner waist. This could be due to the surgical technique. More likely it is due to having significant fat inside the abdomen around the gut so that the waist could not be cinched well. You can still improve this by losing weight (waist). Even though you may think you are eating the right thing, you may not be or you may be eating too much of the right thing. A good reference is You On A Diet by Drs. Oz and Rosen. The other thing that can cause the problem is too much subcutaneous fat at the waist. You can treat this with Liposuction.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction AFTER Tummy Tuck

+2

In my opinion, a liposuction or Tummy Tuck patients should be examined circumferentially. We are three dimensional creations and to only look at the front or the back or the sides is a tactical error. All these areas need to be looked at as do the photographs. Based on these views, a frank discussion needs to be had with the patient in which her views are solicited and features which were not raised are pointed out to make sure that they have been fully explored BEFORE the surgery.

Many women are so anxious to get rid of the tummy overhang that they don't even consider than much more can be accomplished at the same time. The vast majority of American women presenting for a Tummy Tuck also have excess fat of the low back (covering the upper slopes of the buttocks and the V zone in between them) as well as Love Handles area fat. These areas can be readily defined and sculpted with liposuction at the time of a Tummy Tuck.

In your case, you would probably greatly benefit from a well done Liposuction of these areas. It would greatly enhance the results of your Tummy Tuck.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Wide dimensions after tummy tuck

+2

You may very well be a good candidate for liposuction of the hips and outer thighs, possibly the flanks too. You might reconsider your surgeon's suggestion and have the liposuction done now.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lipo to even out fat deposits

+1

It sounds like your best treatment is lipo for the problem fatty areas. I would imagine you will most likely be much happier with your overall result if you add in the lipo. I find good improvment with both the vaser-assisted and the laser-assisted lipo techniques (like slim lipo) which we currently utilize in my office. Your surgeon can make help you figure out what will work best for you.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

You may need additional surgery.

+1

A tummy tuck is great for improving the front of the abdomen but is less effective in improving the contours of your hips and sides. Sometimes, liposuction is enough to get the slimmer waistline but if you have excess skin on the sides, you may need to have this removed surgically. This technique is called a lower body lift  and is done usually for patients who have lost a significant amount of weight. Talk to your plastic surgeon to see if you are a candidate for this or if liposuction alone will work for you.

Bala S. Chandrasekhar, MD - RETIRED