Will Lipo Repair This? (photo)

I had my second child 7 months ago and i still have weight to lose and lots of toning since I gained 45 pounds. After my first baby 4 yrs ago my stomach was tight and very smooth but this time i have lose skin around my belly button. I hope i can get this fixed with lipo and another skin smoothing treatment. I would be open to a tummy tuck but the scar really turns me off , also i don't think it's much loose skin so i'm hoping i can get the job done without a TT. What do you think? Thanks :)

Liposuction after Pregnancy

+1

After pregnancy, liposuction is effective in very few women.   However, an exam will be necessary to assess skin laxity and quantity of fatty deposits.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures every year.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction after pregnancy to reduce fat

+1

Your concerns about abdominoplasty scars are important and I believe should be listened to during your consultation. I believe that liposuction can effect a dramatic change in your abdominal silhouette.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Will Lipo Repair This?

+1

It difficult because you showed the front view of the picture, may be you need to lose a couple of pound first, and some gym to fix the abdomen, then you can thing about lipo. 

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction will not fix problems addressed by abdominoplasty.

+1

I'm not sure what I'm looking at in the second picture.  If your abdomen looks like that now, after pregnancy, you need to be seen by someone soon.  The first picture looks more like an abdomen post pregnancy.  Liposuction will be disappointing. Save your mone for a tummy tuck, scar notwithstanding.

Excess laxity versus excess fat

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Although its a little hard to tell from the photos it appears that you have some excess laxity as well as some excess fat.  Liposuction will reduce the amount of fat but will not improve the amount of skin and soft tissue laxity.  There are a handful of non-invasive skin tightening modalities out there but they all have mild results at best.  You may also want to entertain the idea of coolsculpting for fat reduction.  In the end, I suspect your best result will likely be from a tummy tuck.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Tummy tuck

+1

You will probably need an abdominoplasty.Liposuction does not help loose skin, but will actually make it more loose. If you try lipo, or smart lipo, you will spend a lot of money and most likely not be happy.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck to tighten skin

+1

From your photo, I would definitely recommend a tummy tuck.  I am not a fan of liposuction on the abdomen anyway, as I think liposuction works best to whittle away a specific contour (love handle, saddle bag, etc) vs. trying to "thin out" an overall area.  Ususally following pregnancy the skin elasticity is not super great and I just don't think you will see a superb result from that.  My advice is to do nothing or to do a tummy tuck....scars fad with time:)

Christa Clark, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Will Lipo Repair This?

+1

Very hard to determine by the posted PHOTO! Best to obtain in person consults. My guess is you will need some type of TT. 

Flabby abdomen and treatment

+1

WIth all the loose skin, liposuction will make it worse.  More than likely you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck and when you are done having children and you are still bothered by it, a tummy tuck may be right for you.  A consultation inperson would be ideal.

Lipo vs tummy tuck for flabby abdomen

+1

Liposuction alone is unlikely to give you tight and toned skin. Often the skin looks worse after liposuction alone and unimproved with nonsurgical skin treatment. For most definitive improvement, you should really consider the tummy tuck in addition to the liposuction. In my experience, doing less to achieve suboptimal result often end it up with more disappointment than just do what's really indicated even though that may not be your initial choice.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS