Is I Lipo Recommended for Post-op Gastric Bypass Patient?

Im thinking about having I lipo. I'm very skeptical and want to make sure I have the correct procedure done. I had gastric bypass surgery six months ago and have lost 90+ so far. I was not sure if it would be beneficial vs a tummy tuck. Please advise. I can email you a foto.

Smartlipo right for you?

+1

It would be easier to tell with a photo, but even better to consult with a surgeon. Smartlipo or a tummy tuck may be in your best interest.

+1

The ability of this to help in this clinical situation is doubtful.  Tummy tuck and liposuction of the flanks and back may be indicated, but pictures or an exam would be necessary.  Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tumm tuck/ liposuction after excessive weight loss

+1

Most of patient after loosing significant amount of weight, have excessive skin in diferrent areas of their bodies and need skin excision in their trunck. Occasionally liposection/liposelection would be helpful to remove fat in the hip rolls along with abdominoplasties. A consultation with board certified Plasti Surgeon is very helpful.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon