Lipo or Tummy Tuck to Get Rid of the Skin Below my Belly Button?

I had 2 c sections in my mid to late 30's and 4 years later I cannot get rid of the skin below my belly button. I am trying to decide if I am a better candidate for lipo alone, lipo with mini or a full tummy tuck. There are so many options with smart lipo which tightens the skin. I would like to avoid surgery but not sure what would give me the best result with the smallest risk.

Loose skin? Tummy tuck!

+2

Absolutely get a tummy tuck and not liposuction. Liposuction will only make the skin more loose.  A tummy tuck removes excess skin and tightens the muscles.

Frankfort Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck is the only way

+2

Your situation will only be helped with a tummy tuck. You have mostly skin and not much fat. In addition, your muscles may be well toned so you may not need to have any muscle work done. This makes it much less painful and less complications.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck is better

+2

It is difficult to say for sure without examining you, but based on the fact that you have had 2 pregnancies, it is likely that you have laxity of your rectus muscles as well as loose skin. Smart lipo does tighten the skin somewhat, but based on the photo you provided, I doubt that it would tighten the amount of skin you have there to the point that you would be satisfied with the result. A mini tummy tuck may be all you need, with a scar just a little longer then the C-section scar you already have.

David S. Rosenberg, MD

Tummy Tuck ideal for excess skin

+2

If there is excess skin (that you can grab) a tummy tuck is the procedure of choice. Liposuction will never be able to tighten this much skin. It is always better to do the right procedure from day one.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Tummy tuck

+1

Liposuction will not tighten the loose skin hanging over your waist in the picture. A tummy tuck is the only solution.

Tummy tuck much better for you than liposuction

+1

1)  Liposuction will not correct this much loose skin.

2)  Forget Smart Lipo.  There is no science behind it.  Marketing.

3)  Mini tummy tuck sounds nice, but will actually give you a new deformity.

4)  Well done full tummy tuck is the only thing that will give you good result.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Tummy Tuck is the answer

+1

JSK,

You are a good candidate for the standard abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). Liposuction is not the right procedure for you. Liposuction will not help with the excess skin and may even make it worse. It is better and cheaper for you to perform the right procedure first.

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon