Lipo Needed After a Tummy Tuck

I had a tummy tuck w/hernia repair, lipo on the flanks and a breast lift w/implant 4 months ago. Around 3 wks post op my incision opened about 2 in. I am going in 10 days to have a scar & belly button revision. There is a small "bulge" above my belly button that my surgeon recommends having lipo on. Is it common to need lipo after a tummy tuck? What should I expect with lipo on the upper stomach?

Is it common to need lipo after a tummy tuck?

A Full or Standard Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) removes all excess tummy skin (usually all the skin between the belly button and the Mons pubis) as well as flattens the tummy and narrows the waist. However, depending on the woman's size and the technique of tummy tuck used, minimal to moderate liposuction is done to avoid injury to the blood supply of the tummy skin and avoid disastrous death of the skin. If you had a prominent component of fat of the upper abdomen prior to having the tummy tuck later (or staged in medicalese) liposuction could definitely improve on your results by further flattening the prominent upper abdomen.