Lipo Around Neck or Something else to Make Face More Balanced and Less Chubby

I have a very round and chubby face. It's not a weight thing because I'm fairly thin (100 lbs). I feel like my face is unbalanced because it's so heavy on the bottom and whenever I smile I lose my neck because I have no definition. What can I do? I've already had buccal fat removed. Is it possible for me to get neck lipo to have more defined face?

Neck lipo is the best!

+1

Neck liposuction is one of the best liposuction procedures to offer patients.   I find that removing excess fat from the neck improves the jawline, decreases the fatty prominence of the submental area( below the chin) and actually thins the lower face.   It is especially beneficial to remove that "baby fat" in the neck of younger patients.  This tends to make the face more slender.  Sounds like that is what you want?  

Unfortunately, your pictures do not adequately demonstrate your anatomy.   Even if the photos did, it would be prudent to make an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and have he/she assess your lower face/upper neck region.   You may be a good candidate for the surgery.  

What is really important is not to BUY technology.   There is no one type of fat removing procedure:   slim lipo, smart lipo, ultrasonic lipo, or "plain old" liposuction that is demonstrably better than another.   Choose your "best surgeon."   Trust his/her judgement to give you their best methodology for improvement.   Recent studies regarding the LASER liposuction techniques have actually shown higher complication rates than traditional methods.   Their boast of safer and better results have not been proven by controlled scientific studies.   Be wary of advertisements----most big ads are paid by the manufacturers, not the Plastic Surgeon.   

Thank you for your inquiry.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Yes, liposuction and possibly a jawline implant

+1

There are three surgical options to produce the most defined jawline: (1) Trimming the buccal fat pads (you may need more trimmed), (2) Liposuction of the cheeks and under the chin, and (3) an implant along the jawline.  You may not have thought of a jawline implant, but it can be just the icing on the cake - giving you more definition and better facial balance, eliminating the "chipmunk" cheek look once and for all.  The implant does not have to be very high profile to do the job.  If you look at Angelina Jolie's jawline, that is what looks good, straight and unbroken.  I'm attaching a link to the relevant part of my website.

Web reference: http://www.swansoncenter.com/content/ideal-face/procedures/chin-and-jawline-enhancement/patient-photographs.asp

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Facial fat repositioning may give you a better long-term result than facial liposuction

+1

Greetings,

Looking at your photos, you have very little fat in your neck but prominent jowls. Although facial liposuction may look good for a period of time, as time progresses, particularly given that you've already had removal of buccal fat, you may start to look prematurely aged. A better long-term option may be a neck lift with repositioning of the jowls, or a lower facelift. An examination with a board certified plastic surgeon will help determine the best course of action for you.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Fixing Chubby Cheeks with Liposuction

+1

It is difficult to tell from your photos what the best treatment would be for you.  I do not recommend facial liposuction as I have seen many complications from patients done at other facilities.  

I think your best bet is to see a few Board Certified PLASTIC SURGEONS in your area and get their opinions.  They will be able to assess your skin laxity and the distribution of your fat to give you a better idea of good options.  I have had good success in creating better definition with neck lifts as well as with Ulthera.

Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.drkoneru.com/procedures/non-invasive-procedures/ultherapy

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Laser liposuction, facial liposuction

+1

I agree with the surgeons that warn you against having facial liposuction. I would also caution anyone to be very careful to think a " technology" is the answer instead of the skill and training of the surgeon. I have several studies currently underway and some completed regarding laser liposuction from various companies. My experience, plus the current medical literature does not give reveal a clear advantage for laser liposuction. In fact there are reported higher complication rates with fluid collections and burns. 

However your question is a difficult one as some patients have more full faces. Sometimes you have to live with some of that fullness. A buccal fat pad removal is a simple was to improve cheek fullness, but it seems like it did not meet all of your needs.

Neck Liposuction is great for contour of the neck with good skin tone, usually in younger people, but will not be a solution for facial or jowl fullness. I agree with several others that facial lifting and tightening offers you the best chance of achieving your goals, but an exam and thorough discussion of the risks and benefits are mandatory in your situation, which is very challenging to be honest. It is challenging because your appearance has less to do with aging than the way you were born. You were born with full round soft tissues in the face and it is just very challenging to try to reduce those tissues without causing evidence that this tissue has been tampered with, making you actually look worse potentially. I caution you to be careful and obtain consults from several respectable board certified plastic surgeons. Good luck.  

Liposuction for chubby face

+1

It would be interesting to know if the buccal fat pad removal helped your appearance.  You can have neck liposuction but it is a little hard to tell how much it would help from the photos.  In my experience, facial liposuction is very difficult to perform and get consistently even results.  It does not appear to me that a neck lift would be all that helpful as your skin does not appear loose.

Slim lipo (laser-assisted liposuction)

+1

Laser-assisted liposuction offfers technology in which carefully calibrated lasers are used to melt or liquefy unwanted fat. Advantages over traditional liposuction include significantly less bruising, less swelling, and less downtime. Additionally, the skin-tightening benefits of laser-assisted liposuction can be used to help prevent or minimize loose skin after liposuction. Facial and neck liposuction can dramatically improve your appearance, highlight bony definitions, and reduce the chubby appearance of your cheeks. It's performed using small 2 mm incisions behind your ears which make the scars appear inconspicious. While the majority of swelling resolves within 4-5 days, anticipate having some swelling for up to 2 weeks. 

Lower face treatment

+1

There are a few treatment that may benefit you.  However, without seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  Lower face and neck liposuction can help remove unwanted fat and contour the jawline.  However, if you already have loose skin, then you may benefit more from a neck lift or lower facelift. 

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Options to improve your neck

+1

The neck lift is a quick way to eliminate a double chin, slim the bands of muscle that form the wattle, and tighten neck skin. Often, liposuction alone can help resculpt this area and tighten loose skin. Today with Smart Lipo using laser light can provide finer resculpturing of the neck and jowls. If greater tightening of the skin is required, it can often be done with tiny incisions behind the ear. These procedures can be performed as an outpatient without the need for general anesthesia allowing for a quick recovery. It's possible to do this on a Friday and be back to work on Monday!  

Thermage® is a safe, non-invasive, radiofrequency (RF) cosmetic procedure that’s clinically proven to help smooth, tighten and contour skin for an overall younger looking appearance. The treatment delivers natural looking results with little to no downtime —on all skin colors, on and off the face, all in a single procedure. Fast and easy, you can even come in during your lunch break and return to work after!  

Thermage® uses radiofrequency technology to heat the deep, collagen rich layers of your skin. The heat helps tighten existing collagen and stimulate the formation of new collagen, which reduces sagging, renews contours, and improves the smoothness and texture of the skin’s surface. Comfort Pulse Technology, including a vibrating handpiece delivers enhanced patient comfort.On the face, Thermage® can treat sagging skin, loose jowls, lack of definition in the jaw line, sagging neck skin (“turkey neck”), wrinkles and fine lines, and lack of definition in the lips. 

Facial liposuction for shaping

+1

Facial liposuction and buccal fat removal are procedures which can be regretted as we age. The loss of facial fat is the hallmark of aging for most. Your chubby face is is determined by who you are, genetics and ethnicity. For younger individuals, facial shape can be addressed by altering the framework, chin implant, cheek implants and the like. Defining your facial shape takes care and planning, and of course caution.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/liposuction