Should I Get Lipo on my Upper Abdomen for a More Balanced Look? I Want My Pooch to Go Away!

I had lipo on my lower abdomen 5 weeks ago. I'm starting to see SLIGHT reduction, however, I still have a pooch, and now my upper ab is more noticeable. I know it's the same size and just looks bigger because my lower abdomen is smaller. I wonder if this is why my PS only took 200 cc's total - because he knew it would look weird to have the upper abdomen protrude more than the lower abdomen. What is the best way to remove the pooch entirely? Would u advise a revision + lipo on the upper abdomen?

200 cc Liposuctioned on Abdomen

+1

200 cc of lipoaspirate is not alot, and I would not expect this to make much of a difference at all.  However, liposuction in surrounding areas can be performed in the future, provided the skin tone is adequate.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction on Upper Abdomen

+1

Thank you for your question. This is a common complaint if only one small area is addressed. For best results and satisfaction, you need the entire abdomen addressed. Options may include a liposuction or a tummy tuck, which will give you the best results but has more downtime as well. I would return to your provider to discuss all of your options. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in body contouring for the best and safest results.  I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

You did not mention if you have had children? In our practice we would have done upper and lower abdomen and bilateral flanks together to give you an even contour to your body. You are still swollen after  your surgery give it a few months before going in for another surgery; continue to wear your compression garments.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS