I Got Lipo to my Outer & Inner Thigh and Banana Roll 1 Month Ago, Why Dont I See a Difference?

I got liposuction approximately 1 month ago to my outer thigh, inner thigh and banana roll but i have seen absolutely no change in shape or even in how my clothes fit. Additionally, the only difference is that my inner thigh on my right side had lumpy soft bulges. Why does it appear there is no difference in my appearance and my clothes still fit the same?

Early result after liposuction

+1

In general you are 50% of the way there at 6 weeks and 80% at 3 months.    When large areas are treated with liposuction there is always some degree of fluid retention.   Liposuction is really more about how much fat is left behind and not how much fat is removed. You can remove all of the fat and it will not look very good.  the banana  roll area is a very difficult zone to liposuction.  

+1

The speed with which swelling goes down in a patient will vary. Some patients may not see a difference for 6 weeks or more. I think you need to give it some time and then consult with your surgeon.

Post op expectations after liposuction

+1

Your question is not uncommon for postoperative liposuction patients. Liposuction is very effective at removing significant volumes of fat from unwanted areas. While the incisions for liposuction are very small and well concealed, the area of treatment is typically widespread. Along with the fat removal and manipulation of the deeper tissues comes postoperative edema (swelling).  All of the tunnels created from the fat removal are susceptible to swelling/fluid retention. This is why it is advisable to have a well fitting compression garment. The compression will help to reduce post-op swelling. If you weigh yourself post-op, you will likely be heavier than you were before surgery.  This increase is often related to post-op swelling. You can expect to have significant swelling over the initial 2-3 wks with progressive improvement through the third month.  Visit with your plastic surgeon to ease your concerns.  Without knowing what type of suctioning you had and how much was removed its difficult to give you a more specific answer.  Best of luck Dr. Renucci

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Results?

+1

Swelling is part of the healing process at this stage in your recovery.  I ask my liposuction patients to wear a compression garment for 4 weeks post op surgery to help with the swelling. 

The swelling can take months to subside and even longer for skin to “redrape".  At that point you will see the final results. 

Best Wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_liposuction.htm

No difference in appearance 3 weeks after liposuction

+1

You are still fairly early in the healing process so there is still a fair amount of swelling present. If you did not have very much fat to begin with, discerning the differences at this point in time can be even more difficult. YOu need to give this at least 4 - 6 months. (Some before and after photos could be helpful.)

It is also possible that not very much fat was removed, that is, less than what was truly needed to be removed actually was. With your question, you should discuss your concerns with the surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Liposuction and changes

+1

Being that you are only one month out from liposuction, one reason that you might not see a result is because of swelling. The other is you may have lax skin or not enough fat was removed. This are just some of the possiblities.

Swelling After Liposuction

+1

It takes several months for all the swelling resolve after liposuction. At one month there is still some swelling. Wearing compression garment helps to decrease swelling faster, I have my patients to wear it at least 6 weeks. It will also help to get a smoother result when the swelling resolve. It is unclear how much excess fat and bulging you had on those areas. If it was a small amount , then you may not fell any difference the way your clothing fit, you will need to compare photos. If it was a large amount and now with the swelling your clothing fit the same , then later after resolution of the swelling it will fit better.  You will not lose any weight with liposuction and if you maintain good diet and exercise routine you will see some results. 

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction, body contouring

+1

The final outcome from a well done liposuction and contouring can take upto 6 months.  This is in the context of patients who obviously maintain a healthy life style with exercise and diet after surgery.

So if you are only a month out, I  recommend that you be patient and continue to maintain a healthy and active life style. I hope that you and your physician have before and after photographs to compare.

Good Luck

Plantation Plastic Surgeon