Can I JUST Lipo my Lovehandles? (photo)

I'm getting lipo on my stomach. My main problem is the muffin top. But two things: 1. I'm worried about lumpiness and coming out uneven. Will my body look "lipo-ed" after? What about to the touch? The surgeon says no but you never know. 2. Related to #1, I want to be conservative. The doc says he can "get" the fat in the upper part of my abdomen, but again I'm mainly concerned with the muffin-top area. Will it look bad to just address that spare tire? The upper abs respond to exercise.

Liposuction of the "love handle" area

+2

In men, the "love handle" or "muffin top" area can often be problematic and can be resistant to diet and/or exercise.  One can have a conservative liposuction in these areas to avoid an over operated look.  Although you don't have to have liposuction of the upper abdomen, your surgeon may want to "feather" the liposuction in this area to avoid a hard edge between the areas that were or were not treated.  Best wishes.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of Just Love Handles

+1

The love handles can be liposuctioned while blending the liposuction into the abdomen to prevent irregularity.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

You appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction of your lower abdomen and "love handles".

+1

You appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction of the lower abdomen and "love handles". There is no absolute need to address your upper abdomen and I would guess that you actually have little accessible fat in that area anyway. There is always a risk of contour irregularities with liposuction but judging from the photos I would say your risk is minimal and well worth taking.

David A. Ross, MD

Correcting Men's Love Handles

+1

While liposuction may be anxiety provoking it is best that you pick a Plastic surgeon you trust, make sure you communicate to him your likes and dislikes and have him, based on his experience, suggest the best way to reach your cosmetic goal.

Love Handles or tire / life Saver fat deposits are commonly seen in men as early as 30's and CAN be addressed with liposuction limited to these areas. However, for more natural, fit-appearing results it may be better to remove fat deposits from the other areas of the abdomen. This may be done simply or by using amazing new 4D liposuction techniques which bring out your underlying musculature.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Targeted liposuction

+1

Liposuction of just the love handles and lower abdomen is definitely an option.  Your plastic surgeon may have suggested doing lipo of the upper abdomen as well to give a more even contour after doing the "muffin top".  But if you feel comfortable only doing one area, you should emphasize this to your surgeon.  If you are uncomfortable with his/her answer, then you should seek another surgeon.

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Liposuction of your muffin top

+1

It looks like you would do great with liposuction of your muffin top. If this is the area that bothers you most, then your surgeon should be addressing this area instead of focusing on your abdomen. You may want to consider visiting another doctor. Make sure they are a board certified plastic surgeon and not a cosmetic surgeon.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Liposuction of the "muffin top"

+1
Liposuction of the love handles can be performed without dealing with the abdomen. WIth a skilled plastic surgeon, you should not look "lipo'ed". WIth tumescent liposuction, lumpiness should not be a concern. Personally, I would recommend that you lipo all the suggested areas as, after doing part of the abdomen, you may wish that you had done the whole thing.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Liposuction where you want the correction

+1

Liposuction around the waist or lovehandles is the common area for men, and if you are uncertain about the abdomen, then stay out of it. Liposuction on the waist is best when done front to back, all the way around for the best contour. If your surgeon is careful you will not have lumps or dents, no matter what technique is used.

Best to treat the midsection evenly all the way around, from top to bottom.

+1

You are an excellent candidate for liposuction of the abdomen and flanks.  It makes no sense doing just the abdomen and not also treating the flanks (love handles), or treating the love handles without also treating the abdomen.  You want to look your best from every perspective.  I personally turn my patient from side to side during surgery to make sure I can treat the midsection all the way around.  Also, treating the flanks gives me another access point and allows me to cross-treat the upper abdomen (coming at this area from the sides as well as from below).  This area is often undertreated.

Lumpiness is a possible complication that is minimized by going to an experienced plastic surgeon with expertise in body contouring.  You should definitely have the upper abdomen treated so your abdomen is flatter from top to bottom.

You should be able to look at many before and after photos provided by your surgeon.  If you like what you see, it is likely that you too will be satisfied.  I also use ultrasound, which I believe has some extra advantages.  You may wish to visit this section of my website, attached.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Areas of Concern

+1

Liposuction will treat areas of fatty accumulation. Looking at your photographs, you could certainly address you flanks without the abdomen and get a very nice improvement. We favor the Vaser liposuction system and have found smoother, less lumpy results than with conventional liposuction.

Lawrence Iteld, MD