Lipo Done 4 Months Ago and Still Up 8-10lbs from Preop

I had aggressive lipo performed 3/24/11 to lower abdomen, inner and outer thighs along with medial thighplasty. I am 5'2 and typically weigh 115-120. Since surgery I have maintained 128-132lbs and can't seem to get back to normal. My clothes do not fit and I am miserable. My eating habits have not changed and I continue to exersice as I always have. Is this weight gain usual and how long before I get back to normal size?

Liposuction and weight

+1

Liposuction does not routinely cause weight gain. Sure, initially from lack of acitivity and water retention secondary to swelling, there may be a few extra pounds, but not several months later.

Weight gain following Liposuction

+1

It is not uncommon for a small increase in weight following liposuction which will usually decrease within the first week.  There are significant fluid shifts that occur.  That you have gained 10 pounds since surgery suggests that all things being equal, more has come in than has gone out.  :-(

Check with your surgeon and go over your diet.  You may be eating more than you think!  Don't forget that alcohol too has calories.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1

Your whole written statement/question is very unusual. To be "up" 10 pounds after 4 months implies you had a weight gain. Liposuction does not increase your weight after 4 months. Look for other reasons.