Skin Saggy After Liposuction

I've done a liposuction in December 2009. My surgeon injected about 4 liters tumescent fluid and removed 1 1/2 liters of fat. After 6 months my tummy looks smaller, but it has no shape, I have no waist, and my skin is saggy. My doctor says it's connective tissue. What is your opinion? Thanks!

Saggy skin after liposuction.

+1

When patients are 20 years old and we remove 500-1000 cc's of fat from there abdomen and flanks, the skin will usually contract. But when more is removed and we are older and liposuction is done, we have deflated the balloon and the skin sags. Only removing skin will get rid of the excess.

Liposuction and resulting Loose Tummy Skin

+1

Liposuction removes fat. Period. Despite all the hype and claims to the contrary (laser Lipo etc), liposuction will remove the fat under the skin and deflate it. If the skin is young, thick and healthy (no stretch marks) you MAY get SOME shrinkage with liposuction, especially with VASER liposuction / Liposelection.

Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) WILL ALWAYS flatten and tighten tummy skin. When liposuction is done instead of a Tummy Tuck the results are always a compromise, with loose skin present to some extent, and often are disappointing.

To correct your result you would benefit from a Tummy Tuck from an experienced Plastic surgeon.

Loose skin after liposuction

+1

your skin might obtain some tightening with the use of Thermage external radiofrequency. It is not the same as a tummy tuck tightening but it won't leave the scar that a tummy tuck will produce.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fat is not the only thing determines your abdominal contour

+1

You may need to undergo a tummy tuck for removal of excess skin laxity and possible muscle repair in order to achieve a greater improvement in abdominal contours. Of course, there are other factors that help determine the shape of your abdomen including visceral fat collections and bone structure.

Liposuction and loose skin

+1

Sometimes the skin quality is not good.  When you liposuction with poor quality skin, the skin becomes looser.  You may need a skin excision procedure.

Tummy tuck may help after liposuction.

+1

Hi.

More liposuction will not help.  Tummy tuck will improve contour and tighten skin, but you have to accept long scar.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)