How Do I Get This Lipo Mistake Corrected Without a Tummy Tuck?

All I had was a 'pooch' before now my stomach looks deformed! My doctor said that my skin was unable to retract because of my skin's lack of elasticity due to childbirth. But I can see that he missed several areas and over did it in others causing creases in my stomach tissue.

Sometimes a little touch up liposuction is needed to smooth out little pockets of fat.

+1

A little touch up lipo with the micro canulas can fix your irregular contour just fine without needing a tummy tuck.  This can be done under local anesthesia and in a very short easy time.  Talk to your doc about this.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Correction of a liposuction "mistake".

+1

The liposuction and tummy tuck procedures are vastly different and different in expense. If that is the only area of irregularity you have, that is not a "mistake" since it id not remove all the excess skin. You can easily have any irregularity improved with small liposuction in the area with or without fat transfer.

Creases and lumps after liposuction

+1
If your surgeon finds areas that are not swellings but true residual fat pockets, then small cannula can be used to reaspirate those areas and fat can be injected cautiously under the creases.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Empty Pooch after Liposuction

+1

I fully agree with my colleagues. Liposuction will remove fat - a Tummy Tuck will remove loose skin and smooth away the pooch. The two treatments ARE different and have different capabilities. The ability of skin to retract after liposuction depends on its inherent elasticity NOT so much on the mode of liposuction. (I use the VASER in most of my liposuction cases and I see the greatest amount of skin shrinkage in those with the best skin elasticity).

It is a mistake to assume that a Liposuction REGARDLESS of the technology can take the place of an Abdominoplasty.

Liposuction will remove fat and does very little to make skin contract

+1

Liposuction will only treat excess fat. Despite claims by proponents of ultrasound or laser or water jet or power assistance, they have rarely lived up to the goals of skin contraction that are promised or advertised.

Skin elasticity is required for good liposuction results

+1

I'd be interested to learn if your surgeon told you before or after your liposuction procedure that your skin was 'unable to retract' because of in elasticity. In general, liposuction does not tighten the skin- your skin will do that on its own, IF it has elastic properties. Women that are post-childbirth often have stretched out skin that does not retract after a liposuction procedure. A tummy tuck of some sort might have been the procedure you needed in the first place. There are some fat grafting techniques available to help soften the uneven result you have- but fat grafting and more liposuction will not help the skin laxity that you have.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS