Lipo or Mini Tummy Tuck - All Things Considered? (photo)

I'm booked in for upper & lower blepheroplasty and breast implants in July but need to make a decision re my stomach. I have seen 2 PS - one suggests lipo, the other (the one I'm going with based on his facial work) wants to do a MTT. I am concerned that all the procedures at once will be too much and I am worried about the MTT. I have two kids and can't afford not to be able to pick my 3yo up or do the school runs for 6 weeks. PS seems blase about the recovery. Would lipo be ok for me? I'm 37.

Abdominal liposuction

+1

Hi Kiddies_causedcarnage

All things considered, you may do better with liposuction. You do need to set your expectations to match with a smaller procedure. Without suturing your six-pack muscles back together in the midline, the result may be less than you hope for.

Do not underestimate how uncomfortable you may be after the liposuction - some patients sail through the first week or so just fine, but others can have a rough experience (even if they use their pain killers appropriately).

You can always consider the tummy tuck for another day if the liposuction does not change your shape enough.

Good Luck

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction should make a big improvement in your full abdomen and hips.

+1

I think it is too much to do in one day and i think that liposuction alone would give you great results with minimal downtime and quick recovery. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lipo or Mini Tummy Tuck - All Things Considered?

+1

You may be able to get away with just liposuction, but you are a borderline case.  If you are going to try liposuction alone, find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

I do not care for mini tummy tucks because they do .......   MINI  .....  and few patients are pleased.  Second the MINI pulls the umbilicus down and distorts it.   Third the MINI does nothing to correct the rectus separation above the umbilicus.  Your belly button is already big and it will be stretched down and larger with a MINI.  Always remember the MINI does MINI and most patients want REAL results.........not MINI.   So if you want a modest improvement do a liposuction at this point and a REAL tummy tuck some day in the future.  No surgeon should EVER be blase about recovery.....BEWARE.  My Best,  Dr C.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon