If I Get Lipo on my Love Handles and Lower Back Will It Look Funny if I Don't Do my Hips?

Most before and after pictures I've seen of lipo, they usually get their hips done too. My sister had tummy tuck and lipo but decided not to get lipo on her hips. She had kind of large hips and realized she looked disproportional after slimming her waist down, so now she's going back to have it done. I'm going to have a breast lift and lipo of my lower back and love handles and I'm just wondering if my hips have enough fat on them to get lipo too, or if it's not necessary. Thanks.

Outer thighs will probably be requested by you after liposuctiton of the lovehandles

+1

From the photos I don't see where your back needs to be done, but the love handles, which are the hips on the side, extend to the lower back.  If these are done, then you will probably want the outer thighs done to create a proportional result. Sometimes the amount of surgery becomes longer than desired which can increase risks.  Ask your surgeon if peforming all you seek is acceptable or if it should be broken up in two separate surgeries.

Liposuction of back, love handles and hips

+1

Wow!  You have really, really broad shoulders.  My guess is that you swam competively when you were younger.  I think it would be a mistake to make your lower body too thin.  You would look out of balance with your broad shoulders, especially from the back.  I do think your thighs would benefit from a little lipo to turn your bulges into curves.  The risk with you is for you to end up looking too dude-like with your broad shoulders. 

I, by the way, think an athetic build like yours is much preferable to the waif with huge breasts which we see way, way too much of these days!

Seattle Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Lisa Lynn Sowder

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

+1

From your so kindly posted photos I recommend hips, lower back, outer/inner thighs for liposuction. Best to you. 

Thigh Liposuction Should Be Considered With Waistline Reshaping

+1

I believe when you are referring to your hips you are actually referring to the outer thighs or upper saddle bag area. When contouring the waistline through lower back and love handle liposuction, it is also important to look at the outer thigh areas as well. The goal is to have a smoother and more contoured  silhouette from the chest down to the knees so every area  that makes up that outline needs to be assessed. You do have some outer thigh fat that can be removed to improve your overall outer body shape. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Lipo of the hips

+1

You certainly can have liposuction performed of the hips at the same time as your tummy tuck.  It may help with the contour.

Liposuction of love handles can be done without liposuction of thighs.

+1

Hi.

1)  The  opposite is not true.  If you do liposuction of the thighs without doing liposuction of the love handles, you are left with a square, masculine, unattractive shape.  So I will not do liposuction of the thighs unless the patient lets me do liposuction of the love handles at the same time.  That is the only mandatory combination.

2)  But you can certainly leave your thighs alone when doing liposuction of the love handles.  That will not look bad.  Your thighs are a little large, and can be made to look better.  I would only do this if your thighs themselves bother you.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Hips and love handles are the same.

+1

You may be talking about your lateral or outer thighs when you say hips since hips and love handles are the same areas.  Outer thighs are from your underwear down on the outside.  Hips or love handles are from your underwear up.  Yes you should also do your outer/lateral thighs to look your best.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon