Lipo on Inner Thighs, Will It Make Your Thighs Saggy?

I want to know if lipo on my inner thighs will tighten them or make them saggy. I'm 54 years old.

Inner thigh liposuction

+2

Liposuction of the inner thighs generally needs to be conservative to avoid a deflated/saggy look. Your skin elasticity also plays a part in the post operative result. Get opinions from experienced surgeons in your area. Hope this helps!

Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Inner Thigh Liposuction and Saggy Skin

+1

Inner Thigh Liposuction should always be peformed conservatively due to risk of skin sagging after surgery.  With age the skin does loosen, but age by itself is not a contraindication for the procedure.

Liposuction and Skin Laxity

+1

Liposuction on the inner thighs can have a dramatic effect on the appearance of the legs and waist. The risk of skin laxity does not outweigh the benefits of the procedure. To help prevent this sagginess, I recommend finding a physician who is comfortable using skin tightening procedures, like LipoLite during the procedure, or Thermage after. Best of luck! 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

The Risks of Inner Thigh Liposuction

+1

It would be fair to say that liposuction of the inner thighs will not tighten the skin. If that is the objective of your liposuction then you should avoid the procedure. While liposuction can help slim down the inner thighs, it is an area that is notorious for irregularities and unevenness. This is because the skin in this area does not shrink or tighten well after it is deflated by fat removal. While everyone's skin elasticity is different, I would be very cautious that at age 54 your skin will do well with any amount of fat removal in the inner thighs. Conservative inner thigh liposuction is the rule with the expectation that the skin will not tighten.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Will my inner thighs sag.

+1

Women in general have more subcutaneous fat in their thighs and the upper inner thigh is one of the place where this typically accumulates; this can extend forward to the medial front of the thigh as a contour deformity. The loose attachment to the deeper tissue results in sagging. If the skin does not tighten with liposuction you may require a medial thigh lift. Laser based liposuction such as Smart Lipo can give better results in skin tightening, especially in this area, where the advantages of the small cannula, superficial plane and the improved tightening from the Laser light is an advantage. The quality of your skin or conversely the laxity going into the procedure can be a good predictor of further worsened laxity. Emphasis needs to be on a thorough placement of energy with and minimal tissue removal. Sometimes a medial thigh lift may be necessary. 

David R. Stephens, MD

+1

It would have been nice if you would have given more information then your age.

Line your country of birth or your pedigree,color of skin,dietary habits ,exercise schedule to give us some idea of what kind of physic and skin and soft tissue status we are talking about.In general surgeons in this area stay conservative so as not to end up with deflated look.Space between 2 thighs does not look all that great to man in general .Limited liposuction may be indicated in younger girls.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Will liposuction cause skin to sag?

+1

Liposuction on any area of the body can lead to sagging skin.  When the fat is removed, you lose volume in that area without removing the skin.  Whether or not you will "snap back" depends on the condition of your skin.  Sun damage, scars and stretchmarks can lessen the ability of your skin to contract after liposuction.  Genetics and age also play a role as well as the amount of fat removed.  Plastic surgeons are specially trained to evaluate skin quality.  It would be a good idea to meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Part of his or her evaluation of you will be a skin examination. He or she can then advise you about whether liposuction can provide the toned thighs you are seeking.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Effect of liposuction on inner thighs

+1
An examination would be essential to answer this question. If you have skin laxity, this would be accentuated by the liposuction and you would be trading one issue for another. Depending on your situation, you might need a thigh lift instead. See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to evaluate your options.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Inner thigh liposuction and loose skin

+1

Inner thighs can undergo liposuction with caution. In my practice I like using laser liposuction (SmartLipo) in this area to increase skin tightening which is typically needed here. Lots depends on the existing elasticity of your skin regardless of your chronological age. Best of luck. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Liposuction on the inner thighs with caution

+1

Aging and loss of skin elasticity can accentuate the laxity in the inner thigh and can also result in denting and irregularity. Of course, 54 is not old, but you are as 'old' as your skin is so the word is caution with liposuction on the inner thigh.