Lipo of Inner Thigh? (photo)

I don't like the bulkiness of my thighs. They have gotten bigger have after two babies and gaining between 40-50 pounds each pregnancy. I have stretch marks also. If I get lipo to the inner thigh, do you think my skin will be wrinkly or saggy afterwards? My goal or end result is to have a nice gap between the thighs with a slimmer look. Will lipo achieve this for me? Thank you.

Inner thigh liposuction

+1

Inner thigh liposuction has to be done carefully to avoid having excess loose skin after the procedure.  There is a trade off.

Inner thigh liposuction

+1

To answer your question directly, I would say that in your case, liposuction can be very effective if your goal is to have less bulge in the upper/inner thigh region.  If surgery is limited to that area only, the results can be good and the consequences minimal.  Trying to do too much with the inner thigh is a tricky proposition and difficult problems can arise.   Less is more in dealing with the inner thigh.  

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the medial thigh

+1

Liposuction of the medial thigh can be difficult because of skin laxity and the potential for contour irregularities.  That said it is a common area to treat in this fashion.  Another option that I frequently use on the inner thigh is CoolSculpting which is non-invasive and less likely to produce contour issues- you can find a local plastic surgeon that offers both and see what he or she recommends!

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Inner thigh is tricky

+1

The inner thigh is a tricky area for liposuction. The skin is thinner there and is more sensitive than other areas. Compare it to your outer thigh. Thin skin will show liposuction irregularities easier than thick skin. Think what happens when you cover a chair with a thin sheet versus a thick rug. When you wear a swimsuit your inner thighs are right next to each other and any differences can be easily seen. This area has good blood supply and small tender blood clots can form which can be nuisance when they bump at every step. The best candidate for this has quite good skin tone in this area. This should only be done by an experienced plastic surgeon.

John Silverton, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Inner thigh liposuction

+1

The inner thigh can be very, very tricky because the skin tone is usually marginal, especially in patients who have had weight loss.  Even in the best of hands, the results can be disappointing.  In my opinion, you would do better with a medial thigh lift using only a groin incision.  This is a tricky operation and I urge you to consult someone who have a lot of experience in body contouring.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Inner thigh liposuction.

+1

Thank you for your question about inner thigh liposuction.

• Liposuction can help you reach your goal.
  • An experienced plastic surgeon should do the inner thigh liopsuction
  • Since you have stretch marks, you skin me be looser afterwards
  • Experienced surgeons are cautious in this area; it's better to remove too little and do a touch up later than cause permanent saggy thighs.
  • Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Inner Thigh Liposuction

+1

The inner thigh is an excellent area to liposuction, especially to create a gap between the thighs. However, the skin there is notoriously inelastic and the area is hard to get to lay smooth. Because of this, you need a consultation with an experienced liposuction surgeon who has been doing the procedure for many years and understands this area.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Lipo of Inner Thigh?

+1

Thanks for your question. Although the photo demonstrates the area well, the medial thighs are a difficult area for liposuction, and an in person exam is really needed to make a recommendation. 

Often the problem is redundant skin and that will no see much improvement with liposuction--indeed, it can look worse. If the fat seems to be bulging against tight skin, that is a finding that augers a good improvement. Best advise is an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon. 

Lipo of Inner Thigh

+1

The inner thigh is an area where a physical exam would be needed because skin quality must be established.  If you are too aggressive with liposuction to that area in particular, you may be left with a whole different problem you have to address, loose skin.  Make sure you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon so you can get an idea of what a realistic result would be for you.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lipo of Inner Thigh?

+1

Without examining you it is difficult to render an intellectual opinion.  However, liposculpturing of the inner thighs has shown mixed results in different studies, but generally it is agreed upon by most plastic surgeons that the inner thighs are amongst the least favorable areas for liposculpture.  Achieving a satisfactory result depends on your skin quality and the amount of actual localized fat that is present.  So, certainly a well-qualified and experienced plastic surgeon can examine you and guide you in the right direction.  Best of Luck!

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS