Lipo in Between Pregnancies Recommended? (photo)

I had a baby about 8 months ago and am considering lipo. I'm 31, 5'6 and about 165. I work out and eat pretty healthy, but I can't seem to get rid of the stubborn fat. BUT, I plan to have another baby in about two years. I'd rather not wait until after the second baby because I hate the way I look now. I don't even want to be in any of the pictures with my own child. Is there a medical reason I should not have lipo before a second baby? What are your thoughts?

Liposuction between pregnancies

+2
Firstd, I think you should consider a nutritional program to lose the weight. Liposuction is an excellent body contouring tool but it is not a substitute for weight reduction and results in only a token loss of pounds. You are an attractive woman and, if you are so upset at your current weight, then weight loss prior to another pregnancy would be a wiser solution. There is no medical reason not to have liposuction between pregnancies but, unless your finances are such that you will not be foregoing other important needs for your family, then I'd encourage you to wait. Best wishes.

Liposuction Between Pregnancies.

+2

I you are going to wait 2 yrs before another pregnancy, then I would get the lipo done now since it may make you look and feel so much better about yourself and is easy to undergo when you do it by the tumescent local technique with the micro canulas.  You are back to work in 2 days and exercising in only 1 week.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.drdavidhansen.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Considering plastic surgeon between pregnancies

+1

If you are down to a stable weight and can't lose any more and liposuction would be a reasonable and appropriate procedure to undergo, then there is no medical reason for you to wait until after a future pregnancy. On the other hand, if you can definitely benefit from losing some weight, I would suggest that you do so prior to surgery rather than considering it to be a weight loss approach.

Your best bet would be to consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons in your area. They can provide you with more accurate and definitive explanations regarding what would be best for you.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Liposuction Before an Anticipated Pregnancy

+1

There is no medical reason why you should not enjoy the benefits of liposuction even though you plan to get pregnant in the future.  It would be important if you have liposuction, to combine it with any life stle changes that would contribute to your health.  You should try to get to an appropriate body weight and incorporate exercise in your routine to get the full advantage of what the procedure can offer you. 

Web reference: https://www.maryleepetersmd.com

Liposuction inbetween pregnancies?

+1

First, congrats on your new family member! There is no medical contraindication to liposuction between pregnancies, but I would tell you that your body will continue to change with weight loss and with another pregnancy. All that being said, it is usually prudent to wait till after all your plans of pregnancy are done to perform some body contouring, but I would meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your dilemma, good luck.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and future pregnancy

+1

Thank you for your frank and honest question.  In broader terms, liposuction and future pregnancies are completely safe.  In your personal situation, I do not know if liposuction would make sense finacially or the physical recovery.  Please see a board certified surgeon to discuss your goals and expectations.

Liposuction Before Pregnancy

+1

There is no medical reason why you can not have liposuction, even though you will be getting pregant again in the future. This is more of an economic decision and the loss of that financial investment in the future,

Web reference: http://www.eppleyliposuction.com

Weight loss between pregnancies

+1

You may be better off losing weight on your own between pregnancies and going on a good exercise program.

Lipo in Between Pregnancies Recommended?

+1

Try weight loss first than consider liposuction surgery after meeting in person with a boarded PS. If you fully understand the risks and benefits than you can have the lipo. 

Lipo indications

+1

Don't recommend lipo.  Keep working at it, have your child then seek out a board certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: Http://www.doctormeade.com