Can Lipo Help Me to Get Rid of my Those Stretch Marks? (photo)

i am 22 year old from bangladesh. i've a few old stretch marks on my upper chest in both sides. can a lipo help me to get rid of my those marks?

Lipo and stretch marks

+1

Unfortunately, liposuction will not remove stretch marks -- liposuction only removes excess fat.  People are always trying to find creams or lasers or something to get rid of stretch marks -- I would encourage you to be cautious and don't waste your hard-earned money.  There are actually no good and reliable techniques for removing stretch marks expect to surgically excise them.  Good luck!

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Stretch Marks

+1

The only way to permanently remove stretch marks at this point is with the removal of the involved skin. Some stretch marks can be reduced in visibility with certain lasers.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Lipo is not the answer for stretch marks

+1

Liposuction is really not the right tool for stretch marks.  Some providers state they can improve stretch marks with laser liposuction (Smart Lipo) but I think the effect is minimal.  A more appropriate treatment would be treat the area with tretinoin, sunblock, and fractionated laser skin resurfacing to help smooth the skin surface.  Even with all of these treatments, a 50% reduction in the stretch mark would be amazing.  Patients should expect more of a 20-30% improvement at most.

Jay Zimmerman, MD
Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction for stretch marks

+1

Liposuction does not improve or remove stretch marks in any way-- it can only reduce the relative fullness in the area by removing specific pockets of fatty tissue. This is why a tummy tuck is often the procedure of choice when dealing with stretch marks on the abdomen, because we can surgically remove them with the procedure.

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Lipo vs stretch marks

+1

The answer is no. Sometimes Retin A helps but Lipo may make them even more noticeable.

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Will Liposuction improve Strech Marks?

+1

No, liposuction will only remove unwanted fat. There is no proven technology that will eliminate stretch marks. Surgical excision is the only answer.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction does not treat stretch marks

+1
Unfortunately liposuction will not be helpful in treating stretch marks. There are locally applied creams than can mask the appearance. Best of luck!

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Liposuctin and stretch marks

+1

Stretch marks may get worse or not change after liposuction.  I have never seen them get any better after the procedure.

Liposuction

+1

Liposuction will unfortunately not get rid of stretchmarks as its main purpose is to remove stubborn fat deposit resistant to diet and exercise. Don't waste your money on lotions or cremes touting removal of tretch marks or lasers.

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction is not for stretch marks

+1

Unfortunately, liposuction does not treat stretch marks.  Treatment of stretch marks is highly problematic.

Robert L. Kraft, MD