Lipo for Witches Chin?

I had lipo on chin and jowl which has left me lumpy, uneven, and indentations fro biopsy needles used. Dr. "filled" with Belotero, but still looks bad. Now he's planning to correct this with a fat graft. He's a wonderful guy, but this needs to be fixed; it's driving me crazy. Is this the best way to go? Thank you so much for any help/advice.

Lipo for Witches Chin?

+1

Photos would be needed to offer advice for the next step. Liposuction is not a usual choice for "witch's chin."

Liposuction for Witch's Chin

+1

Thank you for your question. Liposuction is not the way to fix witch's chin. Witch's chin a typically fixed through a small incision with tissue redraping. Without photos it is difficult to understand if fillers or fat grafting will help your problem.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

Witch's chin

+1

If you have a true witch's chin, then lipo doesn't help that.  The witch's chin needs to have the soft tissue redraped so that the indentation disappears.

Contour irregularities with liposuction

+1

Unfortunately, one of the biggest risks with liposuction is minor contour irregularities. Liposuction is not any sort of skin smoothing or tightening procedure. It is very normal to have irregularities and internal scar tissue of the treated areas for 6 months or longer, and they generally improve with time. Massage may help. Skin-tightening procedures, such as lasers, ultrasound, radiofrequency are expensive and also do not reliably improve the situation. Usually the best course of action is patience. The face/chin/neck areas are highly conspicuous so it can be aggravating. I have tried covering things up with fillers, fat, etx, but in my experience it  offers subtle improvements and rarely can make things worse by inciting more trauma to the area. I like to leave these areas alone for 6 months to 1 year and then reassess the situation. Once the tissues are soft and supple, correction may be advised either with a skin-tightening procedure or fillers. 

Hayley Brown, MD